**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Previously cancelled FreedomPop account, but Sprint is unable to activate

ArleauxArleaux Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
My son's BYOD iPhone5 was previously activated on FreedomPop (FP). I cancelled the FP account associated with the device almost a year ago. I recently sold the phone on eBay, but the buyer is unable to activate the phone on Sprint due to it being in "return" status. I've never heard of that status, but I thought I'd check with anyone who has experienced this to see what needs to be done. Does the FP system think the device is an FP device that needs to be returned, maybe? I think the device needs to be released from FP somehow...Probably just a flag that needs to be toggled (my guess).

This is an embarrassing dilemma since I have 100% positive feedback on eBay, and do not want to lose it. Anyway, when the account was cancelled, I was assured the phone would be able to be activated with another provider...Not so much, evidently.

Help, anyone? Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Arleaux said:

My son's BYOD iPhone5 was previously activated on FreedomPop (FP). I cancelled the FP account associated with the device almost a year ago. I recently sold the phone on eBay, but the buyer is unable to activate the phone on Sprint due to it being in "return" status. I've never heard of that status, but I thought I'd check with anyone who has experienced this to see what needs to be done. Does the FP system think the device is an FP device that needs to be returned, maybe? I think the device needs to be released from FP somehow...Probably just a flag that needs to be toggled (my guess).

This is an embarrassing dilemma since I have 100% positive feedback on eBay, and do not want to lose it. Anyway, when the account was cancelled, I was assured the phone would be able to be activated with another provider...Not so much, evidently.

Help, anyone? Thanks in advance!!

Hello,

I took a look on my end and the ESN was released from FreedomPop. You can check on Swappa if the device is cleared for use.

https://swappa.com/esn
  • ArleauxArleaux Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    @Karina, thank you very much for looking at the deactivation/release status. Swappa shows that the activation status is "Clear -- Device appears to be activation ready." I guess I'll have the buyer try again to activate with Sprint.
  • ArleauxArleaux Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    @Karina , Thank you (!) once again for releasing the ESN from the FreedomPop network. The eBay buyer was able to activate the phone on the Sprint network.
  • Arleaux said:

@Karina , Thank you (!) once again for releasing the ESN from the FreedomPop network. The eBay buyer was able to activate the phone on the Sprint network.

Awesome, glad to hear! Thanks for the update :)