**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Airvoice wireless simcard stops working after adding FP simcard in Blu R1 HD phone

Ming  ZhangMing Zhang Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
Blu R1 HD has two simcard slots. If I use only one airvoice simcard, voice/text/data work fine. If I use two FP simcards, text/data work.
But if I use one airvoice simcard, and one FP simcard, try to use airvoice for voice/text, and FP for data. airvoice simcard stops working.

Anyone has better luck with dual sim phone, one airvoice, and one FP simcard?

Comments

• Dana GinnDana Ginn Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    After almost giving up on using the FP Global SIM card, I took some encouragement from some of the posts here. I replaced the TracFone SIM in the #1 slot with the FP SIM. Then I downloaded via WiFi the FP Messaging app (which wouldn't install when the other SIM was present) and installed it. I then did the APN settings described in the FP Global SIM package, followed by setting the SIM card settings to use the FP SIM card for data, talk, and text. After a bit of trial and error, I was able to use the phone as a FP phone for the first time. I then put the TracFone SIM in the #2 slot. When I turned the phone back on, it showed both SIMS as being selected, even though it still had the SIM card settings to use the FP SIM card for data, talk, and text. The FP functions of the phone wouldn't work until I deselected the TracFone SIM. When I did that, it appeared to work OK. I then tried to set the phone to use TracFone for talk and text and FP for data, but that wouldn't let the TracFone functionality work properly. It seems that, once one establishes the FP functionality, one can alternate between the two services, BUT one has to select only one SIM at a time for talk, text and data. Still a big improvement.
  • Ming  ZhangMing Zhang Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Samsung S7 duo price dropped now maybe due to S8 release. Tried Airvoice sim card in slot 1, Freedompop sim card in slot 2. Use Airvoice for voice/message, and FP for data. Work nicely.
    Blu R1 HD still has issue with both sim card.
  • Ming  ZhangMing Zhang Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Samsung S7 duo price dropped now maybe due to S8 release. Tried Airvoice sim card in slot 1, Freedompop sim card in slot 2. Use Airvoice for voice/message, and FP for data. Works nicely.
    Blu R1 HD still has issue with both sim card.