SIM card for Kids GPS watch

ddog35mddog35m Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I am thinking of getting our son one of these. https://www.amazon.com/SinoPro-Anti-lost-Pedometer-Functions-Smartphones/dp/B01H57O6QO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485287831&sr=1-1&keywords=GPS+Kid+Tracker+Smart+Wristwatch

It requires a SIM card, and I wonder if a freedompop card would work? Any thoughts?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,416FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddog35m said:

I am thinking of getting our son one of these. https://www.amazon.com/SinoPro-Anti-lost-Pedometer-Functions-Smartphones/dp/B01H57O6QO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485287831&sr=1-1&keywords=GPS+Kid+Tracker+Smart+Wristwatch

It requires a SIM card, and I wonder if a freedompop card would work? Any thoughts?

What other users are finding. If the GPS device allows you to configure an APN setting, than they can normally get it working.

Hope all is well,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 2,468FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to see if clue from Amazon notes.
    All I could find was this, I'm not sure the SIM allows GPRS ?
    "Card need to open GPRS "E" service and call ID function."
    Thoughts, @njfulwider5 ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, & 803S
  • bjacksonbjackson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    i wonder it too
  • eric  amseleric amsel Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    If the GPS device requires APN settings through text message, will it work?
  • limeylimey Posts: 464FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @ddog35m I suspect that you may run into issues with the functions of the watch that send/receive voice/text calls, since FP's services run over the data connection.

@Rich Sias (16th) GPRS E is 2G EDGE, which the FP SIMs do support via AT&T/T-Mobile in the USA - AT&T are turning off their EDGE support, though T-Mobile are supposed to keep on supporting EDGE for the time being. The Call ID requirement might be a problem though, again because of the FP service's data only nature.
  • George KochGeorge Koch Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Need Help ---- ** Trying to activate Sim Card for Navigation Tracker TK206 ** - The tracker plugs into a OBDII port in a car. Any suggestions? I'm not gettin a GPS signal from the tracker. I've tried texting 886# to the device without a response
  • limeylimey Posts: 464FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @George Koch - from what I've seen online, this device is configured by sending an SMS to it - which could present a problem, unless there is an alternative way to communicate with the device for it's configuration.

With FP, voice & text service usually require use of the FP Messaging app & since the app isn't running on the device, SMS messages aren't going to work. The FP SIM will provide data without the app, but no voice/text.