Transferring 4G LTE SIM Kit to new phone

wil0523wil0523 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Motorola G4 Play with the Freedompop LTE 3-in-1 SIM Kit. Everything works fine, no problems.

I'm thinking of changing phones to a Huawei Honor 5x and was wondering if I can just insert the same SIM and if the Honor 5x will work with Freedompop.

Comments

• wil0523 said:

I have a Motorola G4 Play with the Freedompop LTE 3-in-1 SIM Kit. Everything works fine, no problems.

I'm thinking of changing phones to a Huawei Honor 5x and was wondering if I can just insert the same SIM and if the Honor 5x will work with Freedompop.

Hello,

We do not have a list of devices that will work the our SIM's, but you can insert the SIM on the new phone to see if it works.
  • wil0523wil0523 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't have the phone yet, but it does say on Amazon, the Honor 5x is fully compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile, but not Sprint or Verizon. The Moto G4 Play I have now is fully compatible with all networks.

Since the FreedomPop LTE SIM Kit uses the AT&T network, I think it should work with the Honor 5x, hopefully.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should work fine for you.
    Remember the setup for first phone.
    Adding an APN
    Possibly checking some check boxes, etc.
    Brief instructions likely under flap of envelope it came in just like the Global SIM
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • FreePoopFreePoop Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    I just bought one of these. It works IF I have the freedompop app open AND I hit Sync Account Data. I have to do this every time I start/restart the phone or close all apps. Otherwise I cannot receive calls or texts. The 'freedompop setup complete' icon must be active in the upper left, right next the the carrier name freedompop. Data is very slow. Still trying to figure out what's going on and why it doesn't setup like my other device.