Need help with changing IMEI or Refund

mortfpmortfp Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Hello.

I just activated a BYOD (paid $19.99).

But, this phone has a problem-- it won't pick up ANY network signal. I have tried doing a factory reset through the regular settings, as well as holding vol down + power button and doing a reset/wipe that way. I have tried multiple carrier resets using ##72786# and none of them will do anything because this phone simply refuses to pick up any signal. I didn't realize this until AFTER I activated it. But I do have service in my area, as I have other phones using it just fine.

So, I would like to either have this account refunded or I want to swap out this phone with a different one.

Please get in touch with me about this, thank you.

Comments

• mortfp said:

Hello.

I just activated a BYOD (paid $19.99).

But, this phone has a problem-- it won't pick up ANY network signal. I have tried doing a factory reset through the regular settings, as well as holding vol down + power button and doing a reset/wipe that way. I have tried multiple carrier resets using ##72786# and none of them will do anything because this phone simply refuses to pick up any signal. I didn't realize this until AFTER I activated it. But I do have service in my area, as I have other phones using it just fine.

So, I would like to either have this account refunded or I want to swap out this phone with a different one.

Please get in touch with me about this, thank you.

Hello,

I noticed that you do not have our app downloaded, you will need to download our messaging app for our services to work on your phone!
  • mortfpmortfp Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Maybe you misunderstood. There is no service. There's zero reception from this phone, that is what I am trying to say. The only reason I was able to update the PRL/profile is because I connected it to WiFi. Your messaging app isn't going to fix my phone's issue, it is hardware related. So, I'd like to swap it with a different phone that I have, one that actually can get network signal, so how can I do this?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I ask what the phone you are using? Also when you say no reception. Meaning your phone shows Sprint, but not enough signal to use? Can you attempt to download the freedomPop Messaging app, just for testing purposes. Let us know if it allows you to place a call and text using the App. FreedomPop uses a VOIP app instead of the phones basic 2G voice. This will let us know the phone and account was activated and may tell us where to start troubleshooting. After downloading the app, attempt to access settings on wifi in the app, and than with wifi off. Let us know if the words registered appears on and off wifi.

Hope all is well,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop