Which Device and Plan Should I Get?

tyhalltyhall Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Trying to figure out which service/device to order. My needs: to connect to device via wifi, would be ideal if device was wireless as well so that I can take it with when I visit a friends, and use my own Internet instead of their's. I need the max data plan... 10 gb with 2 gb bonus. Im thinking the Photon would be great due to it's battery and mobility. According to your map, Im in an area that has LTE. It appears that the Burst is for home use and the only device for the 10 gb plan? Am I able to get 2 different devices and 2 plans? the Burst for at home and then the Photon with a 4 gb plan for on the road use?What would you recommend please?

Answers

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Both the Burst and Photon is a WiMax signal, but the Photon is WiMax only with 4G only plan, Burst is WiMax and 3G.

Only hotspot freedompop sale that has LTE is MiFi500 and it $199.00 and it 3G/4G LTE

I do not know the plan because device has it own plan list.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • tyhalltyhall Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Brian - thanks for the info. Altho Im supposedly in an LTE area according to your map, I notice my Verizon cell service is only 4G.

I understand I can have 2 devices. By having 2 devices do I have 2 different accounts with you each with their own usage limit? ie... 10 gb on one and 4 gb on the other?

Also isnt the Burst the only device you can get that can be used for the 10gb plan or can I get the mifi for that plan? Only the Burst comes up for the 10gb plan.

So I could get the mifi, but NOT with the 10gb plan, correct?

also how big is the mifi? the size or a Note or smaller?
  • scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    @tyhall I believe in order to have 2 devices you need two separate accounts. They do not share data automatically. However, you can share it between them by freedompop "friending" your accounts.
    Scott - thanks.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    tyhall said:

Hi Brian - thanks for the info. Altho Im supposedly in an LTE area according to your map, I notice my Verizon cell service is only 4G.

I understand I can have 2 devices. By having 2 devices do I have 2 different accounts with you each with their own usage limit? ie... 10 gb on one and 4 gb on the other?

Also isnt the Burst the only device you can get that can be used for the 10gb plan or can I get the mifi for that plan? Only the Burst comes up for the 10gb plan.

So I could get the mifi, but NOT with the 10gb plan, correct?

also how big is the mifi? the size or a Note or smaller?

I do not know about the plans on the MiFi500, I give you the link on the information about the MiFi;
    MiFi500
    MiFi500 User Guide
    Product Specifications
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    Brian - I got this message from someone to my FB.
    All of our devices have a 10GB plan, however, the pricing of these plans varies.
    The MiFi is smaller than a note!
    is there a place to view all the plans available on each device so I can choose what I want instead of what your web page offers me?
    where do I find the pricing for the 10 gb plans based on each device? this info will be helpful in deciding which device to purchase.
  • valsalvalsal Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Only hotspot freedompop sale that has LTE is MiFi500 and it $199.00 and it 3G/4G LTE
    Never could quite figure out why freedompop doesn't specify which of its products and devices is either wimax....or LTE compliant. Sure would save alot of headaches afterward.
This discussion has been closed.