How use FreedomPop with A8 Mini Android GPS Tracker?

James MitchellJames Mitchell Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I got freedompop for a phone and a second one for this tracker; and I can't get the tracker to work with it.

The tracker is a Mini A8 Android based GPS unit; you call it and you can hear through the device; or you text it and it reports it's location.

Instruction manual:
http://upload.sunsky-online.com/res/drivers/S-GPS-0143.pdf

I tried doing this; and it didn't work. I'd call the number, text it, etc, no replies. I tried it in another phone, and that didn't work either.

What do I have to do out-of-the-box with this sim card to get it to work with this device?

Comments

• Hi, I got freedompop for a phone and a second one for this tracker; and I can't get the tracker to work with it.

The tracker is a Mini A8 Android based GPS unit; you call it and you can hear through the device; or you text it and it reports it's location.

Instruction manual:
    http://upload.sunsky-online.com/res/drivers/S-GPS-0143.pdf

I tried doing this; and it didn't work. I'd call the number, text it, etc, no replies. I tried it in another phone, and that didn't work either.

What do I have to do out-of-the-box with this sim card to get it to work with this device?

Hello,

I took a look on my end and was able to see that you have two SIM's, you are using them both on different phones correct?

Please note that these SIM's will only work on unlocked GSM phones, not CDMA. Can you confirm that the phones that you are using our SIM's on are unlocked GSM phones?
  • James MitchellJames Mitchell Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I got two sims and i can't get either to work :) The first one is on this A8 Mini GPS tracker and it says GSM (Gsm/850/900/1800/1900mhz).

The other one is F-Fook F622B mini phone (specs: http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_144067.html) which says network is Network frequency: GSM 900/1800MHz. I cant seem to get either sim I purchased to work with either device...
  • I got two sims and i can't get either to work :) The first one is on this A8 Mini GPS tracker and it says GSM (Gsm/850/900/1800/1900mhz).

The other one is F-Fook F622B mini phone (specs: http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_144067.html) which says network is Network frequency: GSM 900/1800MHz. I cant seem to get either sim I purchased to work with either device...

I noticed that you do not have the app downloaded, please note that you will need to download our app to be able to use our services. If you still have issues then, we will be glad to further look into it.
    I downloaded both apps on my iphone. THe small F-FOok i'm trying to use isn't a smartphone and doesn't have apps, neither does the gps tracker... but i have both on my other phone using different service and i can check anything there.
    What can i do, is there a setting or something? I can't get it working either device.
  • What can i do, is there a setting or something? I can't get it working either device.

Unfortunately it will not work on both devices as they are not compatible. You will need the apps for our services to work and since you are not able to download them on neither device it will not function.

It's not working on your iPhones either? Are they unlocked GSM phones?
    If I "activate" or start using the sims on iphone, once working can i then use it on other phone and check app on different iphone when needed? Otherwise these two sim cards are useless to me :(
  • If I "activate" or start using the sims on iphone, once working can i then use it on other phone and check app on different iphone when needed? Otherwise these two sim cards are useless to me :(

I would suggest not doing that as it can complicate things, it would be best to just keep the SIM in one phone.