new messaging app took be back to starting point

zafar syedzafar syed Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I updated the messaging (MMS) app. last night. Update went smooth but when I hit the messaging icon to open the app (from the home page), it would not do anything. It would not execute the app. I re-registered the phone and did all the great things, restarting, update PRL / profile etc but still app wont start.

I said OK, I uninstall the messaging app but now I am back to factory installed messaging app which is a pretty old version. I am still OK. but disaster started after that. Now I cannot receive any call, period. Whether 3G or WIFI. The dialing phone hears the ring but my receiving freedompop phone does not ring at all. I have tried dialing in from different phones but my phone just wont ring

So basically I am in worst shape now compared to before the update.

Please help. At this time this phone is absolutely useless. how do i start receiving calls and how do I retrieve my last messaging app as this latest update did not work for me

thanks for any input

Phone - HTC 4G EVO

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @zafarsyed‌ - Please update to the most recent FreedomPop Messaging app, there was a fix put out today. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the messaging app through the Google Play Store.
  • zafar syedzafar syed Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    just updated to messaging app 13.01.12.05.28. Update was successful but exact same problem. Cannot launch message app. In addition, incoming problem is same. The only change to incoming call problem is after 2-3 rings the dialer phone drops the call (rings changes to busy signal)

Please assist

thanks
    please assist. The phone is virtually useless. No incoming call or text of any kind, period. FP logo comes and goes at top left corner. I saw somewhere it says that FP logo is now removed but then why it is showing up and going away?

please assist
    @zafar syed‌ - I have escalated to our development team, they are investigating the issue. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
    I just realize that freedompop.config app has all tabs greyed out except disable / able tab. With cached shows 0.00. I am not sure if this is normal? How do I make this alive if this is not normal? Please assist. I am without mobile phone for close to a week now

Thanks
    @zafar syed‌ - please try an MSL reset (this is a RESET so please back up important info); please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 232390

Press the Menu button and then hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
This discussion has been closed.