iphone 6s is not supported on freedompop ... please advise when it will be ASAP

missalishamissalisha Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
For some reason the iPhone 6s does not work on the freedom pop network ... we tried for over a month to get the device in the system, but they couldn't do it and finally said wait until we fix the problem .. has anybody had any success getting the iPhone 6s to work on the freedom pop network ?? .. also .. (freedom pop) let me know when you fix the issue :)

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason the iPhone 6s does not work on the freedom pop network ... we tried for over a month to get the device in the system, but they couldn't do it and finally said wait until we fix the problem .. has anybody had any success getting the iPhone 6s to work on the freedom pop network ?? .. also .. (freedom pop) let me know when you fix the issue :)

The Iphone 6 s should work with FreedomPop. Are you using an Unlocked version? Was the Iphone 6s coming from an older Sprint account? Here are the basic Guidelines when using FreedomPop, all Programs(CDMA"Sprint"-Global and Domestic GSM)-

FreedomPop has 2 programs, The BYOD Sprint Program and the GSM AT&T, T-Mobile Sim Program (partnered with a UK/US Carrier). Please read the Guidelines for them below to see which program you can use with your phone.

Current cost to activate using the GSM Program is “.01 penny$”

Current cost to Activate using the Sprint BYOD Program “19.99$”

---------------------------------------------------------------

GSM Sim (Cost is based on Current Sim cost)-

FreedomPop recently partnered with a company to give us the ability to use GSM unlocked phones with FreedomPop. With the GSM program, you purchase and activate “activation at time of purchase”. Once you click activate, you will be redirect to pick a phone number. Once the sim ships and you get it in the mail, follow the instructions in the package to activate the sim on the phone. Here are the Requirements for GSM Unlocked phones-

Must be a GSM Unlocked Android or IPhone (normally T-Mobile or AT&T), CDMA will not work.

Android 4.0 or iPhone with iOS 7 or higher. "BlackBerry OS & Windows “phone" OS-Not Compatible with FreedomPop Messaging app"(Can use other VOIP app if needed)

Must accept a Mini-SIM, Micro-SIM, or Nano-SIM Card

Here is the recent best deal-

FreedomPop Global SIM "Talk and Text, with data" $.01 penny special
    Note: Sold by FreedomPop Comes with Unlimited Talk/Text & 1 GB data Trial (19.99 after), Optional Premium Plus Trial (7.99$ after) and Free Shipping

https://www.freedompop.com/offer/pennysimaffpromo

It comes with a 30 day Free Trial of Unlimited Talk & Text and 1gb Data plan, the cost after the 30 day Trial is over is 19.99$. It also comes with an (Sometimes Optional) 30 day Free Trial of Premium Plus Packages (see link), the Cost after the 30 day trial is over is 7.99$. Both plans combined are 27.98$ a month after the 30 day trial expires.

Premium Plus package>>

http://images.postdirect.com/master/9/1182696/PremiumPlusGlobal.png

This is currently the only way to purchase. FreedomPop is a No Contract Company and you can downgrade, upgrade or cancel at any time with no penalties. You could downgrade to the free plan before the Trial offer expire so you are not charged $27.98. The Free plan is 500 text, 200 voice and 200mbs data each month for the life of the Sim. (I have complete step by step instructions I created to help just to downgrade to the 100% free plan).

This has Great Step-by-Step instructions on Downgrading your account to the” Basic Free Plan, or 100% Free” and how to “Verify the Downgrade”. This has how to downgrade” Regular Plans”, and how to downgrade the “VAS Service Plans” (Value Added Service, that get missed on occasion). It also has how to turn “Auto top up off”-

http://bit.ly/fpdowngrade

The Free Plan is the default plan when downgrading your account. There is no other way to pick this plan. Once downgraded, you will be on the Free Plan by Default. This will also show you how to get another “500 mbs” each month, from adding “Freedom Friends”.

CDMA BYOD (Cost is 19.99)-

The CDMA Program is the Standard Program that FreedomPop uses. The FreedomPop Branded phones are CDMA Sprint based also. This program is based on Sprint Coverage, and has a few requirements and guidelines-
    Must be a Sprint network (CDMA) not (GSM).

Must be Deactivated 48 hours or more (before you "test" or "activate").

Android 2.3 or iPhone with iOS 7 or higher.

Phones must pass the ESN check at (only Deactivated Phones will pass)>>>

www.freedompop.com/byod

They cannot be Virgin Mobile, Boost, or Sprint Prepaid phones used less than a year or 12 months.

They cannot have a balance on the account it came from. Must have a 0$ Balance at Sprint at the Time it was deactivated.

New phones most likely will not work.

Must have a Sprint SIM, or Sprint imbedded sim, to check sim use this link>>

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/12814/byod-what-sim-card-do-i-need-for-my-byod-handset/p1

You can purchase Sims on EBay, or your local Sprint Store might have them. Best Buy also sells sim; But Best Buy can be a little pricey. If your phone is coming from Sprint or another Sprint MNVO, chances are you will have a sim that works on FreedomPop.

To Activate a BYOD Device use this link>>>>

https://www.freedompop.com/byod

Check the phone that you want to bring to FreedomPop. If you have an Unlocked GSM Capable, purchase the sim. If you have a Sprint based phone, or Sprint Based MNVO phone, than use the BYOD Program.

Coverage-

Currently, FreedomPop has no Coverage map for the GSM Sim. Other members have been using this one to check-

https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html#?type=gophone&opt=payg

Make sure to click ("Data") (Edge "2G"/HSPA "3G"/HSPA+"3G"), ("No LTE 4G") to see the coverage area. The GSM sim predominantly uses AT&T, but will use T-Mobile when there is no AT&T.
    Here is the Current Coverage map for the Sprint CDMA Program or FreedomPop Branded phones-

https://www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g

Plan Cost and Value added Service pans, you can downgrade, upgrade to with no penalties at any time after activation-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/16059/freedompops-plans-and-value-added-services-updated-6-29-2016#latest

Hope this helps,
    NJ

PS-Freedompop Just started selling a (4G LTE GSM) Domestic Sim 2 weeks ago, compatible with all GSM phones. Same Guidelines as the GSM Global above. Here is the recent deal on the sim $4.99-

http://www.freedompopdeals.com/home/link?url=https://www.freedompop.com/offer/sim-nationwide-lte-c3

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• missalishamissalisha Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for getting back to me .. it's a old sprint iphone and sprint said it was unlocked and clean .. freedompop has told me that the iphone 6s does not work in their network for some reason but keep coming back and check to see if we have fixed the issue .... so who knows what is going on .. I noticed a link you put on the response about sim cards that will work with freedompop .. on that list, it did not have a sim card for the iphone 6s .. just the iphone 6 .. can you explain that one for me ...
  • missalishamissalisha Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    did my last comment go through ??
  • alysdexiaalysdexia Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    That copypaste has a sold out deal and contradicts its free 200mb[sic] with the official 500 MB/mo.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for getting back to me .. it's a old sprint iphone and sprint said it was unlocked and clean .. freedompop has told me that the iphone 6s does not work in their network for some reason but keep coming back and check to see if we have fixed the issue .... so who knows what is going on .. I noticed a link you put on the response about sim cards that will work with freedompop .. on that list, it did not have a sim card for the iphone 6s .. just the iphone 6 .. can you explain that one for me ...

The way the user has it written, it looks like all sims in that column will work for all Iphones in the other column.
    alysdexia said:

That copypaste has a sold out deal and contradicts its free 200mb[sic] with the official 500 MB/mo.

GSM=200mbs free a month, and CDMA=500mbs Free a month

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop