Can I keep my phone number if I upgrade from FreedomPop S2 to S4

Allen CunninghamAllen Cunningham Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I have a FreedomPop S2. Is there a way I can upgrade to the S4 and keep my FreedomPop phone number?

Best Answer

Answers

• Allen CunninghamAllen Cunningham Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks! That's simple enough even for me.
  •  Alan Watt    Alan Watt Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali, where do you enter the account email that S2 is activated on. I have freedompop HTC and want to upgrade to Samsung Victory. When I put in my email that HTC is activated on at the Check Your Device page, it said 'Email address is already in use'.

Please help. Thanks.
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Basically Ali is saying set up both devices, then log out of the messaging app on both phones and then when logging in swap accounts. Otherwise pm taylor with the info of both phones and he can do the actual switch to the accounts (prepare for a several day wait though since Taylor is swamped with questions right now)
    I got an S4 today and installed Messaging. Right away it displays a "Conflict" dialog box that says "Please unstail this app. You need to use FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app instead."

What do I need to do? I still have FreedomPop on my S2 and I want to move the number over to my new S4.

Allen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Allen Cunningham‌ - Please uninstall and reinstall the FreedomPop messaging app through the Google Play Store.
    I didn't do enough research before I posted that question. Turned out I needed to activate the new phone under a new account first. Still waiting on a PM response to swap the account/number with my old one.
  • scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    @Allen Cunningham‌ I have been waiting for this same issue (swapping phone numbers). Even though we have been told the way to do it was to get and activate the new phone and then call or direct message to get the number swapped, it appears there is currently some trouble transferring numbers. I have been told this is being worked on and should be fixed soon.
    I had to call customer support. They were able to setup my new phone with my existing account. It took a while for them to understand what I wanted - I had to repeatedly explain that my existing number was a FreedomPop account. I also told them that there are a number of misleading posts on the forum about this exact situation.
    @Allen Cunningham‌ thank you for the info. This gives me some optimism that i can get this done. I am hoping that this can be taken care of somewhat soon. Otherwise it will be the second time in a couple months i have to let all of my contacts know a new number. Letting people know is not a big deal. Missing important calls / texts because people don't change their address books is the hard part.
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I was notified by Taylor that you cannot activate and swap accounts from a non-lte device to an lte device. Has anyone gotten this to work? @Allen Cunningham
    Customer Support was able to swap my new S4 (LTE) into my existing account that was setup with an S2 (non-LTE). I was able to keep my original FreedomPop number. It works great! In fact, all of my reservations about FreedomPop went away with LTE - voice quality and delay are so much better. My online account still shows the S2, but I don't think it matters.

Customer Support was able to swap my new S4 (LTE) into my existing account that was setup with an S2 (non-LTE). I was able to keep my original FreedomPop number. It works great! In fact, all of my reservations about FreedomPop went away with LTE - voice quality and delay are so much better. My online account still shows the S2, but I don't think it matters.

Same here. Everything was changed over fine after some time
This discussion has been closed.