**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FP Icon Not Showing After Messaging App Update

If you have recently upgraded to the most recent version of our "FreedomPop Messaging" application and no longer see the "FP" icon in the top corner, this is normal, we have removed the "FP icon from the application in our most recent updates.

Comments

• Tong VangTong Vang Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    How can we make our FP messaging app as our SMS, so we can connect apps?

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tong Vang At the moment, there isn't a way to use the FreedomPop Messaging app as the main SMS app. Once GSM is supported, then we will get that supported but at the moment we have what we have.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Ali, well said youngman! We have what we have and we have come a long way, so be patient @Tong Vang, it'll come
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @miguel lopez :)
  • WallyWally Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't have my phone yet but what do you [email protected] Vang about FP messaging being our SMS? How does it function now? What do you mean connecting apps? Thanks. Very anxious to get my S4.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    Wally said:

I don't have my phone yet but what do you [email protected] Vang about FP messaging being our SMS? How does it function now? What do you mean connecting apps? Thanks. Very anxious to get my S4.

Sad to say, even on GSM this will not work since the service is SIP based. There is not a way to make it work with the existing messaging apps as SIP is not supported. I am sure someone an write a program to "forward" them like Cyanogenmod has done with Voice+ (different than callback program w/ same name) and Google Voice. FreedomPop will have to build it into the app and have root access.
This discussion has been closed.