SIM card (ICC ID) appears not to be linked to my phone

macusermacuser Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
BYOD phone will not activate after previously working fine on Ring Plus. I was never asked for the ICC ID during the BYOD signup process, so am assuming it didn't get linked to the account.

Details:
Phone shows LTE symbol and full bars when attempting to activate from ##72786#, but fails after five auto-retries. Later phone displays "SIM Error" and all bars go away until re-booted. SIM is original Sprint SIM. Phone was completely reset and cleared prior to activation attempt. Attempted both with and without WiFi enabled. Tried both with and without messaging app installed. Messaging app does show correct phone number and account info. MEID shown on account page is correct.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    macuser said:

BYOD phone will not activate after previously working fine on Ring Plus. I was never asked for the ICC ID during the BYOD signup process, so am assuming it didn't get linked to the account.

Details:
    Phone shows LTE symbol and full bars when attempting to activate from ##72786#, but fails after five auto-retries. Later phone displays "SIM Error" and all bars go away until re-booted. SIM is original Sprint SIM. Phone was completely reset and cleared prior to activation attempt. Attempted both with and without WiFi enabled. Tried both with and without messaging app installed. Messaging app does show correct phone number and account info. MEID shown on account page is correct.

@macuser
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• philwickphilwick Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been unable to get any help with reactivating my phone after I finally installed a sprint sim card that was not in the phone I bought from Freedompop. It has been 4 days since installing the sim card & trying to get any service besides 3g. I have been trying for well over a month & now Freedompop blocked me from submitting a ticket. I paid for 6 months of service so I am not happy!!
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018 #4
    If you are a paying customer contact support on FB or Twitter. I've had quick results on Twitter. Mention you're a paying customer and what has transpired so far.
  • LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin
    philwick said:

I have been unable to get any help with reactivating my phone after I finally installed a sprint sim card that was not in the phone I bought from Freedompop. It has been 4 days since installing the sim card & trying to get any service besides 3g. I have been trying for well over a month & now Freedompop blocked me from submitting a ticket. I paid for 6 months of service so I am not happy!!

Hey there, I have sent you a private message to gather more personal information to further assist you.

Thank You!
This discussion has been closed.