Non Intel MAC

phone guyphone guy Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I asked this in the thread about operating system compatability, but I'm not certain I put it in as a question.

Does this device work with Apple non-Intel emac or power pc with OS 10.5.8 or does it require an Intel based Macintosh computer? This OS can be used on both types of Macintosh so simply specifying the OS is not sufficient information to know if I should sign up for it or not.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @phone guy, I look that up and paste it here (this from freedompop web site;
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are the minimum system requirements for the Bolt?

Here are the minimum requirements for our Bolt USB stick:

- An activated account and service with FreedomPop.
    - A device with a standard USB port.
    - One of these operating systems: Windows XP (service pack 3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.5 Leopard, 10.7 Lion
    - It is also compatible with devices that have: Linux, Android, and Chrome versions that support Remote Network Driver Interface Specification (RNDIS) or Communication Device Class (CDC) devices.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What what Mac you have? Non-intell Mac may not unless it has RNDIS or CDC
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • phone guyphone guy Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Brian.

I would expect the folks at Freedompop to be able to answer this question definitively.

I don't really know if my MAC has RNDIS or CDC.

They do state that the device will work with OS 10.5, but as I have indicated this OS can be used on two very different types of MAC.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @phone guy‌ - What are the two different kind of MAC's you are referring to? The device should work as long as you have a compatible OS on your computer.
    Hi sorry to be a jerk about this question but if you know Apple Mac pc's, they made regular MACs through I believe OS 10.5, that did not work with windows devices or software, then they changed to a Mac that was able to work with the Apple OS and the Intel OS or the standard PC OS. Thus you can run windows on a Mac at this time if you need to or use software that needs windows to work. These Mac's can run OS 10.5.

I didn't know if the device we're discussing needed needed some benefit of being on an Intel Mac.

It's not a big deal. I suppose I could sign up for the item and simply return the item if it doesn't work on my emac.

It would be fun to try it though.
    Thanks to all who responded to my question. Rich, you and Brian have mentioned RNDIS and CDC. I can look into that. Thanks also to Taylor as well for checking in on this thread.
This discussion has been closed.