new unlimited plan

andrew beharyandrew behary Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Why can't I upgrade my current plan to the new unlimited everything plan? The website will let me order a new phone and select this plan. I just bought my phone last month. Please don't tell me that I need to buy the same phone again.

Comments

• Jay SmithJay Smith Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem. I just bought my S2 a couple of weeks ago. I wish I could get the new unlimited plan but the only way I can see to do that is to buy another phone.
  • scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    @jay smith I believe the unlimited plans are for the 4g lte devices. I am in the same boat as you.
  • andrew beharyandrew behary Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    That's what I thought too. But, If you go to the website and attempt to buy a new evo4 and set up new service, it will let you select unlimited
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    On facebook they suggested that the unlimited plan would be available for current users in June. (Now it is june, but they never said when in june)
  • Jay SmithJay Smith Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie

That's what I thought too. But, If you go to the website and attempt to buy a new evo4 and set up new service, it will let you select unlimited

Same goes for the S2. New customers can get the unlimited plan with the S2 but existing customers seem to be out of luck...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Currently the plan is only available to new customers, but we hope to allow all of our customers the option soon.
  • mike73mike73 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    id like to be a new customer.....but i dont think unlimited is available for byod either,I have a samsung victory lte from sprint and after running my info, esn etc, im only given the option to purchase one of the 500mb plans.
    update: although I wasn't able to do it online, I WAS able to call freedompop and purchase the unlimited everything plan using byod. I am now a new customer!
    yes Rich but this WAY didn't work as well as I'd thought! according to the plans listed on my account I'm not getting the unlimited everything for 20, it shows my voice plan as: unlimited minutes, unlimited text for $10.99/month and my data as the freedompop 1gb unlimited at $15.00/month, so...$25.99? disappointing considering I was originally able to select (not using byod) via pc a plan of unlimited everything and voicemail for $22.49 which is what I called in and asked for. I guess I will have to call again?
    Today I spent 90 minutes on hold with billing, 45 minutes twice actually, but never got thru, no worse than anywhere else on a monday lol. I finally just sent an email. I'm sure it will get straightened out eventually and so far (5 days) freedompop hasn't been too bad, a few glitches that I was able to work thru. I think after I have had some time to really test it out I will start a new thread about my experiences.
  • KiKKiK Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Has anyone else successfully gotten the unlimited data with BYOB?
    I'm a new customer. It didn't show up as a plan of option when I tried to activate my Victory today. Kinda bummed because I bought the phone off of Amazon just for that...
This discussion has been closed.