Should I update my msl?

Dana BlakeDana Blake Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
First, I just want to say that I think freedompop is doing some great things, so thank you very much for all you guys/gals do! Support is awesome!..... When making calls(not on wifi) in areas with 3 bars or more: My friends say that I will sound really close to the phone at times, muffled at other times or far away; Today I made a call(to a landline) while on wifi & she could not hear me nor I, her. It didn't help to update my PRL & profile and I was reading how some people had to update their msl. Should I do the same?

Best Answer

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Dana =]‌ - Thanks! :D

This is a RESET so please back up important info on your phone; please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 274768

Press the Menu button and then hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
  • Dana BlakeDana Blake Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I finally figured out how to backup my photos lol I tried the msl but it says incorrect code. I am getting an error 67 as well & I couldn't make calls unless I was on wifi. Is is because I downloaded google+? If I go to backup and reset under settings, will it delete google+ app and all my pics?
    Received an error 906 as well
    @Dana =]‌ - Have you updated your profile/PRL will in a 4G coverage area?
  • Youngsun PaikYoungsun Paik Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Can I also get MSL number? My Galaxy S2 connects to 3G network but it redirects any website to freedompop website. Funny thing is that I can make phone call on 3G through Messaging app.
    I didn't realize my reply never made it through lol so reposting. No, I haven't updated it in a 4G area. Should be in a 4G area on the 20th. I did some research on msl updates and so tried code 000000, thought it wouldn't hurt to at least try, and it worked! What are your thoughts on this?

Can I also get MSL number? My Galaxy S2 connects to 3G network but it redirects any website to freedompop website. Funny thing is that I can make phone call on 3G through Messaging app.

@Youngsun Paik‌ - I see you reached an agent and had an exchange processed, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Okay, thank you Taylor for explaining & for your patience. The msl reset did work.
This discussion has been closed.