**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

For people that still trying to update on 3G signal on there new device.

Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
You will not be able to do any update on 3G signal, it will fail you ever time.

Update only in; (your device much show 4G connection)
1: 4G WiMax for WiMax devices
2: 4G LTE for LTE devices
3: USB with your other internet connections

To many people are trying to do updates in 3g after many times trying, they send it back for refund or replacement. These are Mobile devices and take take it with you to a area of 4G coverage.
Email: itbrianmc@aol.com
itbrianmc@comcast.net

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
Tagged:

Comments

• IanosoIanoso FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Hi Brian. It won't work to connect the device to WIFI and update over that? By update you mean update profile/prl or update app?
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes @Ianoso, it for 3g connection
    itbrianmc@comcast.net

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • MiFi 4082MiFi 4082 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 32
    Brian,
    I Have updated the PRL and Profile files using a 3G connection (my MiFi 4082 will not connect to 4G) at least it said it(they) was(were) successfully updated and the PRL# did increase by 1, one time. Do you think this is possible, I did have a strong signal?
    Thanks
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014 #5
    I can happy but only if it is in strong 3g signal, what it does it time out and disconnect in a weak signal, when you are now disconnect. Update fails because of the disconnection.

That why they ask you to try update in 4G, it internet connection is what you need.
    itbrianmc@comcast.net

This discussion has been closed.