**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Activation issues with an already activated phone.

pkp413pkp413 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I restarted my FreedomPop phone (LG Optimus F3) and it could not self-activate after that. I has been working fine for months before the restart. I get a red x next to 5 bars. The FreedomPop app takes over and tries to connect/activate, but apparently it can't. Surprising because it has been activated for over a year and working fine before the reboot.

The activation dialog pops up but it cannot connect. I press the Activate button but nothing happens. I get a self-service message that says: "Information: Sorry - we experienced a system problem during your task. Please dial *2 from your Sprint phone or call customer care at 1-888-211-4727 from another phone to complete your task."

I've tried restarting dozen plust time, but the same thing happens. I checked my online FP account, it is not suspended and there were no issues reported.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    pkp413 said:

I restarted my FreedomPop phone (LG Optimus F3) and it could not self-activate after that. I has been working fine for months before the restart. I get a red x next to 5 bars. The FreedomPop app takes over and tries to connect/activate, but apparently it can't. Surprising because it has been activated for over a year and working fine before the reboot.

The activation dialog pops up but it cannot connect. I press the Activate button but nothing happens. I get a self-service message that says: "Information: Sorry - we experienced a system problem during your task. Please dial *2 from your Sprint phone or call customer care at 1-888-211-4727 from another phone to complete your task."

I've tried restarting dozen plust time, but the same thing happens. I checked my online FP account, it is not suspended and there were no issues reported.

@pkp413,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• harold mossharold moss Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok I just typed in a comment and pressed Post Comment but my comment disappeared, so here we go again..

I have the exact same problem described above by pkp413. About a month ago my phone started beeping (even though it was in silent mode!) and I could neither silence it nor determine the issue, so I rebooted. After that, the Red X of Doom appeared above the signal bars and I have had no connectivity ever since. Whenever I restart the phone the handsfree activation behavior described by pkp413 happens (and fails..) - but if I am connected to WiFi, the FreedomPop Messaging app (latest version) will successfully register my phone number and I can make/receive calls/texts as long as I am connected to WiFi.

I did notice that the Phone Identity page (Settings.. About Phone) shows "unknown" for all the entries (My phone number, MIN, PRL Version, ESN, MEID, IMEI, etc..).

I tried the ##72786# reset prescribed by the FreedomPop Diagnostics app, to no avail.

Suggestions for restoring service, anyone??
  • harold mossharold moss Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have this exact same problem.. About a month ago my F3 started beeping an alarm of some sort (even though the phone was in silent mode!). I could not determine the problem so I rebooted the phone, after which the Red X of Doom appeared above the signal bars, and it has never disappeared since. Now, upon startup, the phone goes through the same hands-free activation attempt described by pkp413 above. Eventually the FreedomPop Messaging app (latest version) runs and logs me in if I'm connected to WiFi, and I can make/receive calls/texts when connected to WiFi only.

I also noticed that the "phone identity" page (Settings.. about phone.. phone identity) shows "unknown" for all the entries (My phone number, MIN, PRL Version, ESN, MEID, IMEI, etc). I tried the ##72786# reset suggested by the FreedomPop Diagnostics app, to no avail.

Suggestions, anyone? :-)
  • RWERWE Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    FP purchased ZTE Prestige 2 startup activation problem. With FP messaging app installed I get a message "Activation not complete" yet when prompted for email and P/W message is "Phone already activated."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.