Messaging app, deny permissions to phone nougat?

Shawn HolzmeisterShawn Holzmeister Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
Ok when i first setup freedompop i had an issue with the messaging app dialer not being able to call out. It just sits there saying calling indefinatly. When attempting to use the stock dialer freedompop messaging app hijacks it and takes over, failing the call.

I bypassed this issue by denying phone permissions to the freedompop messaging app, therefore i could use the stock phome dialer for calls and freedompop messaging for texts.

After updating my s7 edge to andoid 7.0 nougat tonight everytime i try to deny the messaging app phone permissions it just resets it back to allow.

Now i have 2 choices. Remove your messaging app and not be able to text, or keep it and not be able to call.

I dont what to do?

Comments

• Shawn HolzmeisterShawn Holzmeister Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Really need to have a way to disable phone functions (calling functions) of your messanger app on android 7.0 nougat for sprint s7 edge, or just build a function onto your app that allows it universally.

When i install your messanger app, i can send texts through it, but i can no longrr make or receive calls.

If i remove your messanger app i can resume making and receiving calls via the phones built in dialer, but of course i cant use texting features without your messaging app.

Really need a solution, on android 6.0.1 marshmallow i was able to deny permissions to calling functionallity for your message app witch allowed me to use the phones stock dialer for calls and texting yhrough your app without issue.

Now that i installed the nougat android 7.0 update everytime i set "phone" permission to deny it just resets to allow, however i can deny all other permissions.
  • Shawn HolzmeisterShawn Holzmeister Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Nothing?