**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

device cancelled from RingPlus won't provision

akaLTDakaLTD Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I cancelled my device on RingPlus and activated it on FreedomPop. It accepted the device and setup the account but I'm not able to activate/provision the device. I'm not sure it got released properly from RingPlus. Device: Moto G3 (3rd gen 2015) model: XT1548

The MAC ID on the FP Dashboard Devices page shows correct # for MEID (DEC) but when signing up I was not given chance to enter the ICCID and I don't see one on the Dashboard. However, I've signed up a couple other devices formally on RingPlus and didn't have to enter the ICCID and they work right, provisioned and get LTE.

I've done ##72782, but it tries 5 times to update PRL and Profile but fails.

I've done Factory Reset ##786# several times but again same thing happens, it fails.

When I try to update PRL manually I get:
Error updating PRL
Error Code is Authentication

When trying to update Profile manually I got message to Call customer care followed by this message: "Reseller partner ID not allowed for activation"

Dialing ##3282# and viewing the Data Settings I can see the Data Profile shows:
Username: myICCID# (@)hcm.sprintpcs.com

I know that's supposed to be the phone number shown in phone settings (not my FP phone # used for calls) but I don't have that number & can't get it. The phone number in settings shows:
000-000-4460.

I also know that username should be something like
FPphone#@mvno189.sprintpcs.com

Wondering if when it got cancelled it didn't get released right or sent back to Sprint for use on MNVO's???

No incoming/outgoing calls, no data. Dialing out does nothing, just silence. When dialing my number from another phone it rings about 5 times then fast busy. I don't have voicemail activated.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    akaLTD said:

I cancelled my device on RingPlus and activated it on FreedomPop. It accepted the device and setup the account but I'm not able to activate/provision the device. I'm not sure it got released properly from RingPlus. Device: Moto G3 (3rd gen 2015) model: XT1548

The MAC ID on the FP Dashboard Devices page shows correct # for MEID (DEC) but when signing up I was not given chance to enter the ICCID and I don't see one on the Dashboard. However, I've signed up a couple other devices formally on RingPlus and didn't have to enter the ICCID and they work right, provisioned and get LTE.

I've done ##72782, but it tries 5 times to update PRL and Profile but fails.

I've done Factory Reset ##786# several times but again same thing happens, it fails.

When I try to update PRL manually I get:
    Error updating PRL
    Error Code is Authentication

When trying to update Profile manually I got message to Call customer care followed by this message: "Reseller partner ID not allowed for activation"

Dialing ##3282# and viewing the Data Settings I can see the Data Profile shows:
    Username: myICCID# (@)hcm.sprintpcs.com

I know that's supposed to be the phone number shown in phone settings (not my FP phone # used for calls) but I don't have that number & can't get it. The phone number in settings shows:
    000-000-4460.

I also know that username should be something like
    FPphone#@mvno189.sprintpcs.com

Wondering if when it got cancelled it didn't get released right or sent back to Sprint for use on MNVO's???

No incoming/outgoing calls, no data. Dialing out does nothing, just silence. When dialing my number from another phone it rings about 5 times then fast busy. I don't have voicemail activated.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

@akaLTD,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks for your Patience,
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• akaLTDakaLTD Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

njfulwider5 said:
    @akaLTD,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks for your Patience,
    nj

@njfulwider5 Not FreedomPop's fault.There have been some issues with some RingPlus devices freeing up properly.

I've responded to your PM.