Amazon Fire Phone - echo cancellation is not working.

freedomybkfreedomybk Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
Testing FreedomPop messaging application 19.01.735.0202 on Amazon Fire phone. Everything works but calling without a headset is not possible because other party hears their own voice. Echo calibration makes no difference.

Comments

• freedomybkfreedomybk Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    Any tech support people here? Or I am forced to pay premium to be able to file a support ticket? Could anyone tell what is the purpose of silent forums?
    almost two years and several revisions later echo cancellation is still not working.
    at the same time several other applications, including open source signal messenger properly handle echo cancellation so hardware is not a problem.
    does anyone care to support amazon fire phone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    apologize for a long time away. here it is: IMEI 014285001586289 thank you.
    this device is using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.ott although https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone was also tried with FP SIM.
    I am not sure how locating exact account will help you reproduce the problem.
    I must add that starting mizudroid and making one call makes all other VoIP application work properly without any echo.
    This is OTT version of FP app currently on this device, as I am told by device owner. I believe device SIM ICCID number is still made available by OTT app to FP servers so if helps I can provide it but still don't understand why it is needed.
    Again, this devices uses OTT version of FP without any currently assigned FP sim in it. Device has some other sim in it.
    this is third time I am saying I have an account but my message is not even approved! really good help!
  • aluraacker345aluraacker345 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Sorted out your problem> I am also facing this same issue.
    You guys are really pulling my leg. Can't you just find my account from my email??
    here is ICCID 89011704278105618088

Sorted out your problem> I am also facing this same issue.

what does ">" mean? was your intention to ask a question?
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,257 admin

You guys are really pulling my leg. Can't you just find my account from my email??
    here is ICCID 89011704278105618088

Hi,

I will gladly assist you with this issue. You mentioned in the other thread that you have an issue in this one that you are needing help with. Please confirm what it is and we'll take a look at it right away.
    I am confirming again that both, messaging and ott applications can't be used on amazon fire phone because of other party hears excessive echo. It has nothing to do with the phone because at least two other voip applications work absolutely flawless.

I am confirming again that both, messaging and ott applications can't be used on amazon fire phone because of other party hears excessive echo. It has nothing to do with the phone because at least two other voip applications work absolutely flawless.

Hi,

I escalated your case to my support team who took another look at it yesterday and today they mentioned that they have yet to find a solution to the echo problem however they did mention that they recalled a previous case where anther Amazon Fire was having a similar issue.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have while we wait for another update from our support team.
    I was the one who reported it directly to support back when I bought a SIM and had a month of premium features. The solution exists because at least two VoIP applications mizudropid and mobilevoip work just fine. Most likely it is a matter of reading documentation and using proper API.

I was the one who reported it directly to support back when I bought a SIM and had a month of premium features. The solution exists because at least two VoIP applications mizudropid and mobilevoip work just fine. Most likely it is a matter of reading documentation and using proper API.

We can assure that our support team is working on this issue although we don't have an update yet.