**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD S4, and carrier resst failed to activate it

freedom0188freedom0188 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I had been using with FreedomPop for a few months now. I got an email about doing a carrier reset to help improve connections, so I did that. Ever since, I am not able to call/connect to data when not on WiFi. I have the latest version of the FP apps and everything works fin on WiFi, but when I don't have WiFi, the phone is not able to get a data connection at all and so nothing works. The Activation process seems to error out immediately, it retries 5 times, then leads to a screen "Self-Service" that 's blank with a "Done" button, but no data connection at all. I have tried to Update Profile and Update PRL, but both just lead back to the activation screens with the same results as before. I have tried to play around with the mobile data options, to no effect. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? It's getting to be about a month with no data now :-(

This was a post from last may, and no resolution. I have the same problem with my S4, the difference is that I just sign up to BYOD, and I can not activate my S4. I have no mobile data service, the freedompop apps works under wifi.

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I had been using with FreedomPop for a few months now. I got an email about doing a carrier reset to help improve connections, so I did that. Ever since, I am not able to call/connect to data when not on WiFi. I have the latest version of the FP apps and everything works fin on WiFi, but when I don't have WiFi, the phone is not able to get a data connection at all and so nothing works. The Activation process seems to error out immediately, it retries 5 times, then leads to a screen "Self-Service" that 's blank with a "Done" button, but no data connection at all. I have tried to Update Profile and Update PRL, but both just lead back to the activation screens with the same results as before. I have tried to play around with the mobile data options, to no effect. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? It's getting to be about a month with no data now :-(

This was a post from last may, and no resolution. I have the same problem with my S4, the difference is that I just sign up to BYOD, and I can not activate my S4. I have no mobile data service, the freedompop apps works under wifi.
    @freedom0188,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks for your Patience,
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• ahoytphoneahoytphone Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Was this resolved? I an having the sane issue with my galaxy s6...BYOD, signed up, WiFi everything works, off WiFi no data connection. Did carrier reset, goes to Samsung self service, asks about my phone number for a SIM swap, nothing I enter makes it happy. Once self service is "Done", no data when off WiFi.
    Would love some help please.
  • ahoytphoneahoytphone Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Was this resolved. I have the same issue with my Galaxy S6. BYOD, signed up, registered phone and SIM, did carrier reset (3X), each time it starts Samsung self service SIM swap, I attempt to complete what it asks for, final question asks for phone number (help indicates PIN setup for Sprint), nothing I enter makes the system happy, it errors out with invalid number, clicking "Done" results in no data when off WiFi. Everything works great on WiFi, but no data connection off WiFi.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin

Was this resolved. I have the same issue with my Galaxy S6. BYOD, signed up, registered phone and SIM, did carrier reset (3X), each time it starts Samsung self service SIM swap, I attempt to complete what it asks for, final question asks for phone number (help indicates PIN setup for Sprint), nothing I enter makes the system happy, it errors out with invalid number, clicking "Done" results in no data when off WiFi. Everything works great on WiFi, but no data connection off WiFi.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Hey there, I have sent you a private message to gather more personal information to further assist you.

Thank You!