**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Nexus 5X can receive Text, but No Call nor Data Plan without WiFi

sftongsftong Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, I activated my FreedomPop account and Sim card, and I followed the instructions to set up the APN correctly. Also turn on the Data Roaming. I also receive the fist text message from FreedomPop to confirm my verification code. I did all these while on WiFi. Great.

However, I later found that, without WiFi, the phone cannot call out nor receive any calls. Also, even with Mobile Data Plan turn on and seeing full bar of AT&T cell signal, there is just no mobile data connection.

So here is what I have done and the results:
1) Download FreedomPop Diagnostics, and perform the "Dial Soft Reset" action. Phone dialer shows up, and I entered *#*#72786#*#*. Now here's the interesting part. If WiFi is off, the error message would pop up stating "Network Not Available", as seen in picture file "NetworkErr1". With WiFi on, it would proceed to call out (through FreedomPop Messenging interface?) to a SIP adddress, as seen in picture "Dial1" and "Dial2".

2) I also attach pictures of my APN settings, as seen in "Set1" and "Set2".

3) I also attach the pictures of FreedomPop Diag facts about my phone.

I have restarted my phone a few times throughout the settings change and diagnostics. I have also perform the Hard Reset Dial through "*#*#786#*#*". All in vain.

Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!
Sean

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    sftong said:

Hello, I activated my FreedomPop account and Sim card, and I followed the instructions to set up the APN correctly. Also turn on the Data Roaming. I also receive the fist text message from FreedomPop to confirm my verification code. I did all these while on WiFi. Great.

However, I later found that, without WiFi, the phone cannot call out nor receive any calls. Also, even with Mobile Data Plan turn on and seeing full bar of AT&T cell signal, there is just no mobile data connection.

So here is what I have done and the results:
    1) Download FreedomPop Diagnostics, and perform the "Dial Soft Reset" action. Phone dialer shows up, and I entered *#*#72786#*#*. Now here's the interesting part. If WiFi is off, the error message would pop up stating "Network Not Available", as seen in picture file "NetworkErr1". With WiFi on, it would proceed to call out (through FreedomPop Messenging interface?) to a SIP adddress, as seen in picture "Dial1" and "Dial2".

2) I also attach pictures of my APN settings, as seen in "Set1" and "Set2".

3) I also attach the pictures of FreedomPop Diag facts about my phone.

I have restarted my phone a few times throughout the settings change and diagnostics. I have also perform the Hard Reset Dial through "*#*#786#*#*". All in vain.

Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!
    Sean

@sftong,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks for your Patience,
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• slavacusslavacus Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Were you able to figure this out?
    Looks like FP has another suggestion of manually filling out the APN - https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/related/1#Android_Setup

In my case - nothing is helping. I have a GSM byod. The sim card worked fine in my iphone 5 (took 3 minutes to set up). Now I'm trying to use the same sim card on unlocked global nexus 5x. No dice. :-/