**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD activation fails: suspended with a 303 error

neurocutieneurocutie Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
The website said the device (Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) was eligible to activate and took my $20. Activation seemed to proceed by then account shows red bar "Suspended". Call to FP says error 303. Emails to support not helpful...

One email said to buy a new SIM, which I highly doubt was necessary as Sprint SIMs are supposed to stick with the device and the device was fine with LTE service on the Sprint network last month. But I did anyways... Now with the new SIM the device asks Sprint activation questions and a Sprint account...

To be clear, none of the standard listed 3 issues apply (device not with another carrier, it is a Sprint device, passes FEC).

Read somewhere that a 303 error requires FP CS to clear/fix something on their end, but nothing has been done to fix this

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

The website said the device (Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) was eligible to activate and took my $20. Activation seemed to proceed by then account shows red bar "Suspended". Call to FP says error 303. Emails to support not helpful...

One email said to buy a new SIM, which I highly doubt was necessary as Sprint SIMs are supposed to stick with the device and the device was fine with LTE service on the Sprint network last month. But I did anyways... Now with the new SIM the device asks Sprint activation questions and a Sprint account...

To be clear, none of the standard listed 3 issues apply (device not with another carrier, it is a Sprint device, passes FEC).

Read somewhere that a 303 error requires FP CS to clear/fix something on their end, but nothing has been done to fix this

@neurocutie,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks for your Patience,
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• neurocutieneurocutie Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Its now been nearly 2 weeks since I paid my $20 and still no success in getting my device activated.
    Several cycles of very slow back and forth with FP CS, asking the same questions that really don't get to the heart of the matter.

Any way to get my $20 back? I don't see any progress here and don't think it is reasonable to be charged for service when they can't even activate my device...
    Update: FP CS escalated this non-activation issue and, after a few days, got a message back that they fixed the problem (obviously on FP's end). So the device activated correctly and now works. Took more than 2 weeks but FP CS did come through. Thanks...
    Update: FP CS escalated this non-activation issue to the next support tier, and after a few days, got a message back that they fixed the problem (obviously on FP's end). So now the device activated correctly and works properly. It did take more than 2 weeks but FP CS did come through in the end. Thanks...