**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

cant push + in access point names apn. galaxy s5

jisjis Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
when investigating this phone and FP, i read that it had to be a sprint phone. the one i have is off contract as far as i know. i paid to have it activated yesterday, but now see that i can't push + in mobile network settings to add the fogg freedompop thing.
researching shows me that this is "locked". but i thought it was supposed to have been...was i supposed to have bought a sim instead of just activating it?
or is this a software issue. i don't want to "root" the phone so my son can play pokemon go without problems.
TIA
jay

Comments

• jisjis Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    maybe my question was too wordy.
    i was able to activate the phone through freedompop with the meid icc stuff. wouldnt that not have let me if i couldn't use the phone on FP?
    since i can't add an apn, or edit any of the apns that are there, or reset anything from that window, does that mean the phone is locked or was i just supposed to have purchased the sim instead?
    thanks in advance
    jay
    i've taken a picture of my apn screen. you can see that the + is ghosted. i can not edit or push any of the apns that are there. reset to default is also un-pushable.
    thanks
    ok. in another thread i was helped a bit. with my sprint locked s5, i activated it and then when it didn't work properly, i searched. i came across posts talking about adding an APN, hence me looking for answers as to why i couldn't push the plus sign. what i didn't realize (although mentioned in my posts) was that a BYOD phone that is sprint that gets activated without a SIM doesn't need a new APN, it uses the sprint APN. what i needed was the freedompop messaging phone/sim app.
    i was avoiding that because i didn't plan on using the phone as a calling device, but now understand that you need the app no matter what, even to make the cellular data work.
    thanks to those involved in my help.