**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

SIM Card invalid, worked on another device

tonoffuntonoffun Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
@njfulwider5

Hello,

I'm getting invalid sim on my unlocked iPhone 5s. It works on Verizon, T-mobile. It used to work fine with an iPhone 6, but when I tried it on the iPhone 5s it didn't work.

So far I've:
Disconnected the iPhone from iCloud
Turned off the Find My iPhone
Reset All Content and Settings

After that I received the following error:

The sim card has locked, please power cycle the device, if the problem persists call customer service.

Can you please check the ICCID and advise next steps?

Thank you!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonoffun said:

@njfulwider5

Hello,

I'm getting invalid sim on my unlocked iPhone 5s. It works on Verizon, T-mobile. It used to work fine with an iPhone 6, but when I tried it on the iPhone 5s it didn't work.

So far I've:

The sim card has locked, please power cycle the device, if the problem persists call customer service.

Thank you!

@tonoffun,
    I really wish I had some troubleshooting tips, but I am not that great at sim. Have not had one to test yet. But I will give you the best answer I have seen here on the forum. If the sim is working in all phones, minus the Iphone 5. It sound like it is not the sim you are having the issue with, but the phone. Here is some tip I would attempt before placing the sim in the Unlocked phone for the apn settings-

Note: If a security code is enabled, this will need to be entered after you tap ““Reset Network Settings”.

Note: You will need to log back into your home WiFi network or Hotspot when the reset is completed.
    Service Update(Profile/PRL): From the home screen, tap Native “Phone" Icon. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the “Call” button. Tap “OK”, the Update will begin. Once Completed, Tap “OK”.

Note: Make sure you are connected to WiFi and you have a Good cell Signal to. For the best results, Do update outdoors or near a window with no obstructions.

Than you would do a “Soft Reset”. From the home screen, press and hold the “Home key”. While holding the “Home key”, press and hold the “Power key”. Release both keys when the” Apple logo” appears.

Let me know if this does not help,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• tonoffuntonoffun Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    The SIM does not with any devices and longer. It only worked with the iPhone 6s and we got rid of that.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonoffun said:

@njfulwider5

Hello,

So far I've:

Thank you!

tonoffun said:

@njfulwider5

Hello,

So far I've:

Thank you!

@tonoffun,
    I really wish I had some troubleshooting tips, but I am not that great at sim. Have not had one to test yet. But I will give you the best answer I have seen here on the forum. If the sim is working in all phones, minus the Iphone 5. It sound like it is not the sim you are having the issue with, but the phone. Here is some tip I would attempt before placing the sim in the Unlocked phone for the apn settings-

Note: If a security code is enabled, this will need to be entered after you tap ““Reset Network Settings”.

Note: You will need to log back into your home WiFi network or Hotspot when the reset is completed.
    Service Update(Profile/PRL): From the home screen, tap Native “Phone" Icon. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the “Call” button. Tap “OK”, the Update will begin. Once Completed, Tap “OK”.

Note: Make sure you are connected to WiFi and you have a Good cell Signal to. For the best results, Do update outdoors or near a window with no obstructions.

Than you would do a “Soft Reset”. From the home screen, press and hold the “Home key”. While holding the “Home key”, press and hold the “Power key”. Release both keys when the” Apple logo” appears.

Let me know if this does not help,
    NJ
    tonoffun said:

The SIM does not with any devices and longer. It only worked with the iPhone 6s and we got rid of that.

It looks like Alejandra is helping you out, she just needs the ICCID on the card

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop