BYOD: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4

Martha TovarMartha Tovar Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
So... I used the BYOD page to check my old phone and paid $20 to transfer it it to FreedomPop on March 8 in the morning. Now its late afternoon March 11 and still no service. It used to be on RingPlus but when it closed and transferred over to Ting, I cancelled. I did update the PRL, it tries "Hands Free Activation" on boot but fails. How long should I keep waiting?

Comments

• GarmandokelGarmandokel Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Same with mine, I supposedly activated my phone on 2/18/17 now is 3/12/17 almost a month and no service. i contacted technical support and I just keep getting the run around. I will be calling my credit card and do a charge back for the activation fee.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

So... I used the BYOD page to check my old phone and paid $20 to transfer it it to FreedomPop on March 8 in the morning. Now its late afternoon March 11 and still no service. It used to be on RingPlus but when it closed and transferred over to Ting, I cancelled. I did update the PRL, it tries "Hands Free Activation" on boot but fails. How long should I keep waiting?

Same with mine, I supposedly activated my phone on 2/18/17 now is 3/12/17 almost a month and no service. i contacted technical support and I just keep getting the run around. I will be calling my credit card and do a charge back for the activation fee.

@Martha Tovar, @Garmandokel,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks for your Patience,
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Martha TovarMartha Tovar Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Almost a month later, still no service. Best $19.99 ever.
  • Martha TovarMartha Tovar Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I can use the FreedomPop Messaging app on wifi but cannot use on data. The app doesn't detect my account, always have to do manual login. At first, the phone would attempt to do hands free activation on boot but it kept failing. After doing a reset on phone, now its stuck on "Checking Device Status" on boot. Because it it stuck on that, I cannot update prl or profile. When I try, i get message, " Session in progress. Please try again later." Under the "About Device" section, my phone number is set as 000-000-0946 and MIN is 0000000946. Can this be remedied? Thank You.
  • sindi keesansindi keesan Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    October 23. Galaxy S4 purchased from FP a few years ago by a friend who gave it to me when she could not handle the FP software errors, also it came with dead battery and the one she bought for it was also dead she says, and the one I bought worked in April for 24 hours with the phone turned off and maybe 20 min with non-wifi data.

It has the same problem as Martha above. Signal Check Lite shows 1X and LTE signals (-115 dBm - which is normal indoors here). I had not used the phone for 6 months due to nearly dead battery, and went online and got a new phone number. No data. ##72786# as instructed by FP. Phone rebooted. Still no data, no PRL or Profile update possible. Wifi works fine. The LG (older) FP phone another friend gave me sent a text this week okay so data works (with 3G - that phone came with dead LTE and the S4 came with dead headphone jack and weak sound so I only used it for data). If I can get data working again I plan to plug the phone into an external rechargeable battery instead of throwing money at dead internal batteries.

FP says not to call or email about free accounts. Last year they at least were willing to help via email to get the phone minimally usable.