**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

My FreedomPop phone has someone else's number and account.

Frank McCormick IIFrank McCormick II FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
How do I get my number and account on this FreedomPop phone? I submitted a ticket #170320-002364
Any assistance is appreciated. Thx

Answers

• trackballtrackball FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fp's CDMA phones are used phones, locked to a network, so you may be seeing the phone's cell number.
    Are you opening the Fp messaging app ?
    If you are seeing someone else's number there, you should be able to logout and login with your account and password.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do I get my number and account on this FreedomPop phone? I submitted a ticket #170320-002364
    Any assistance is appreciated. Thx

@Frank McCormick II

The number you are comparing it with, was it found in Settings>About Phone Settings? The number in the about phone section of the settings is the MDN (Mobile Directory Number). It allows sprint to provide you data services without the ability to access the 2g voice network (2g industry standard). Most phones use 2g for their voice calls. 2g is the industry Standard with all cellular Networks. Reason why phones used on Major Carriers, you can shut off data (4g/3g/Wi-Fi) and still place a call. The phones FreedomPop sale have the 2g voice turned off and then given a MDN in its place (2g number is replaced with a MDN#). They use a string of numbers that show up like a phone number. Sometimes if you call the MDN# you will get another person on the other line. It is just coincidence how the MDN# will be a phone number sometimes. With the IPhone it is in Settings>General>About Phone.

Because FreedomPop use a VOIP app or Voice Over Data, The MDN cannot be changed unless you switch to a new carrier. The MDN replaces the 2G Number a Typical carrier like Sprint, AT&T or T-Mobile would use. FreedomPop uses 4g and 3G to make and receive calls.

If you just started using your phone, you might notice that the number is not your number on the caller ID. This will change. It usually changes in the next few hours, but it can take up to 24.

To find the number on the phone, open up your FreedomPop Messaging App. Look for the 3 white horizontal bars, top left side of the app. Please click those lines. You will see a pop out from the side, with your number and account information.

With the IPhone, Open the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app. Look for the Gear Wheel, top left corner and press. Your screen will change and you will see your name with your account information.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if your number does not match the one in the app.

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Frank McCormick IIFrank McCormick II FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    I have the Hauwei phone and in the messaging app at the 3 dots is someone else's name number and account info. I can go into there plan and everything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12

I have the Hauwei phone and in the messaging app at the 3 dots is someone else's name number and account info. I can go into there plan and everything.

We apologize for this inconvenience, we will be PMing you to further assist you!
    Still not resolved. How do I log out of the FredomPop messaging app on Andriod? I've tried deleting the app and cache and reinstalling and it keeps picking up the other persons account and number.
    @njfulwider5 can you assist? How do I log out of the FP messaging app on a Huawei phone running Andriod?
  • trackballtrackball FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open Fp's messaging app, left of 'messaging' are option bars/lines, choose plans, then left of Fp page/title, option bars, choose home, then right corner you will see a pic of a cell or device, tap and you'll see logout, then login with your email & pword.
  • Anthony DetermanAnthony Determan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I'm having this same problem. I tried Trackball's suggestion but it doesn't change the account registered to the app itself.
  • gabelivingstongabelivingston FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    same problem here. open messaging app and it shows somebody elses account. regular freedompop app shows correct account. no response from customer service. cant use service that I've paid for.
  • JamesleoJamesleo Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    bump... same issue
  • AlexaMAlexaM Posts: 30 admin
    Jamesleo said:

bump... same issue

Hello Jamesleo!
    We'll be more than happy to help you resolve your situation as quickly as possible. We'll be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to gather and provide personal account information.