**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Is it possible to port my # to FP without using a FP sim?

chuey_316chuey_316 Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
About a month ago I was looking to purchase a phone for my daughter. I checked it and it was eligible for FP. I bought the phone, and ordered 2 of the 3-in-1 4g lte sim cards, 1 for her phone, and one for my S4 coming from RingPlus.

After receiving the sims, they don't work in either phone. Just says unsupported sim. So basically, I paid a $20 activation fee, have not been able to use FP even once, and my month is up in 5 days. I've opened a ticket, but it was no help at all.

I switched to Ting because coming from RingPlus, I had a $35 credit. The month on Ting is about to be up, and I don't want to stay with them. At the same time though, I don't want to pay another $10 to FP to port my # only to find out that it still isn't working.

I'd like to just port my # and use the Sprint sim that is in my phone. It's the same sim that I've used with other mvno's. Is there a way to do this? When I go to the port section I only see an option to port to the non working FP sim.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    chuey_316 said:

About a month ago I was looking to purchase a phone for my daughter. I checked it and it was eligible for FP. I bought the phone, and ordered 2 of the 3-in-1 4g lte sim cards, 1 for her phone, and one for my S4 coming from RingPlus.

After receiving the sims, they don't work in either phone. Just says unsupported sim. So basically, I paid a $20 activation fee, have not been able to use FP even once, and my month is up in 5 days. I've opened a ticket, but it was no help at all.

I switched to Ting because coming from RingPlus, I had a $35 credit. The month on Ting is about to be up, and I don't want to stay with them. At the same time though, I don't want to pay another $10 to FP to port my # only to find out that it still isn't working.

I'd like to just port my # and use the Sprint sim that is in my phone. It's the same sim that I've used with other mvno's. Is there a way to do this? When I go to the port section I only see an option to port to the non working FP sim.

Are you using the FreedomPop CDMA program, or one of the GSM sims? Both are used completely different. You can not swap sim between CDMA phones, they are OEM specific, or manufacturer specific. You can swap GSM sims between phones pretty easily.

If you have the phones and activate accounts, I would make sure that the phone you want to bring from Ting is compatible. Unfortunately, if the phone is a sprint based or CDMA based phone, you would need a CDMA sim and activate for 19.99 along with the port. If your using a GSM sim, than you just swap the sim in the new phone as long as the phone is unlocked and meets the guidelines. You could port ahead of time and than place the sim in the phone.

Can be very confusing if you are unsure. Let me know the type of phone and the type of accounts you currently have. Than let me know the type of phone you are bringing to FreedomPop?

Let me know,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see you are coming from Ring+ and then went to Ting while you pondered. You mentioned the phone is Sprint and has a Sprint SIM. So, YES, you can use the Sprint phone with the Sprint SIM on FreedomPop also.
    If you want to port your number on Ting to FP to the same phone it's using on Ting, then you need to 'park' your number somewhere while setting up the phone on FP. If you have a good place to 'park' it, do that. If not, then the cheapest parking I know of is to buy a GSM SIM from FP for abut $2 and downgrade BOTH trials right away. Port number to SIM and leave in in park until phone ready to receive number. ($9.99 porting fee)

Now to move phone to FP. Use the promo for Ring+ migration:
    http://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo8
    It is 99 cents rather than normal $19.99
    It will ask for:
    A. Name & address & check for good signal on coverage map for you.
    B. Credit card info.
    C. MEID
    D. ICCID
    E. Ask to choose a plan - or offer a special promotion with free trial(s).
    F. Search google play for "freedompop messaging" download and install it.
    G. Some tune up may be neccessary. Ask in forums for tune up details for BYOD if you should need it.
    H. Call, talk, text, google, waste data, etc.
    I. Empty - wait for month to cycle.
    J. Ahhh, new month, start all over again, wasting data. Rinse and repeat.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opps forgot some steps.
    K. Ask an admin here to swap the phone numbers of the BYOD phone and the SIM.
    L. Put SIM in safe place for when you might get a GSM unlocked phone in future.
    M. Enjoy your phone and its number on FP.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • chuey_316chuey_316 Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you both. The S4 is now working with FP, just have to work on getting my # ported over. Rich, you mean that without parking my #, I won't be able to port it to FP? I've ported it into mvno's before. I was thinking that maybe it's because one of the FP sims I bought are on the account too. I figured that if I get the sim untied to the phone, that it may port to the sprint sim that's in the phone.

The Iphone 5 is getting a new sprint sim as well.
    Still no luck. Both plans are up in the few days, and I haven't heard back from technical support about getting the FP sim removed from my acct, and using my Sprint sim.
    Well, I opened another ticket, and just got another useless response that did not address the problem, or even pertain to the situation. I have asked twice now to simply remove the sim cards from my acct. Not sure what's so hard understand, yet they keep responding back (after days of waiting) with replies that have nothing to do with the problem. I'm starting to get VERY impatient with this service. Some of the worst customer service that I've ever dealt with. I replied back, and I'm hoping that someone with the cognitive skills to grasp such an easy concept will reply to the ticket and help get this VERY EASY issue taken care of so I can stop paying 2 phone bills for one phone.
  • Thuy NguyenThuy Nguyen Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    Downgrade to the free service and work out your issues so you are niy getting charged
  • Thuy NguyenThuy Nguyen Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    Contact @JJFreedom