**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate I577

gman2900gman2900 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Will this phone work with freedompop as it is a at&t phone and i do not see it listed under all the different samsung galaxy models on the byod list???

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    gman2900 said:

Will this phone work with freedompop as it is a at&t phone and i do not see it listed under all the different samsung galaxy models on the byod list???

Unfortunately, you are limited by the Android version. There is a rumor that Google is about to stop all compatibility with this version. But this is only a rumor, so I hear.

You can use the phone as long as it is unlocked with the GSM sim. Than you would have to use these instructions to download the FreedomPop Messaging app-

The Highest Version you can install on Gingerbread is version 16.02.294.0714. Please open this link with your phone(make sure your connect to wifi)>>

http://tinyurl.com/fpopapk

Enter the address above in the Chrome browser on the phone, or open this question on your phone and click the link above. Just make sure you do this on your phone, Than download. Make sure you have a SD card installed also, or it might error. After the file downloads, Use "Android Package installer" to install and you should be fine.

Once it is downloaded or updated. Open the app and find the 3 horizontal Bars, top left side of the app and Tap. A pop out from the left side of the screen will show, with all "account info and Settings". Make sure everything is correct. Next, Scroll down to “Sync account Data” and Tap. You will see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User for Device", till you see your phone number, “FreedomPop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a FreedomPop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing. After you initialize, and the phone syncs, you can use the phone's native dialer for Phone calls. To make a text or receive text, you will use the FreedomPop Messaging app. The app will ask you if you want to make FreedomPop the default. Make sure to press yes

Freedompop use the Freedompop Messaging app to integrate the Phone's native dialer to place calls and receive calls. It is also used to create Text instead of using the Phones native messaging app. The only way to make phone call on a BYOD phone (Bring You Own Device) & Freedompop Branded Phones, the app has to be installed.

Hope this helps!
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop