**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Would like to swap my current device (nexus 5) with a lg tribute 5.

devindevin Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, essentially I would like to swap my current device (nexus 5) with a lg tribute 5. I gave my GF my nexus and want to deactivate it so she can use it with her carrier and I'd like to swap in a the tribute on my account. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    devin said:

Hi, essentially I would like to swap my current device (nexus 5) with a lg tribute 5. I gave my GF my nexus and want to deactivate it so she can use it with her carrier and I'd like to swap in a the tribute on my account. Thanks in advance.

@devin,
    Do you have the Tribute activated on its own email account? If not, may use the link on this page and let me know once you have it activated-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/22128/freedompop-101-swapping-upgrading-or-replacing-your-phone-sim-device-or-phone-number#latest

Message me after the phone is activated and I will get you set up on the swap.

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• devindevin Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Alas I have tried activating the Tribute via the .99 byod but get;

"We're experiencing an issue with your provided device ID.
    To complete your activation, please call 866-279-2662."

When I call in the customer rep told me he could activate it but not at the BYOD special's price, rather $20 :(

I think to speed up the process I'd just as well deactivate the nexus 5 to free it up and can work on setting up another device at a different time.

I'v PM'd you my MEID and ICCID's and hope that will be helpful.

Thanks for your time.
  • devindevin Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi NJ, I'm good to go. I did try phone deactivation again and this time it went through without a hitch. Thanks for your time