Downgrade to Free Plan

Mark KerfootMark Kerfoot Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, I downgraded my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to the free plan and cancelled my services several weeks ago, but it still shows that I have the 500 minute/unlimited text plan. When will my requested service change take effect? Thank you! Mark

Comments

• rjVbrgrjVbrg Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I would like to have a conversation about my FreedomPop account, use, billing and getting it to work for less than $35/month.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, I downgraded my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to the free plan and cancelled my services several weeks ago, but it still shows that I have the 500 minute/unlimited text plan. When will my requested service change take effect? Thank you! Mark

@Mark Kerfoot,
    Sometimes it takes a little to downgrade, sometimes it shows at the end of the month. Take a peek at this post I created to verfy you are downgraded. Use the section that says-How to Verify you are on the 100% Free Plan-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/17436/freedompop-100-free-step-by-step-instructions-on-downgrading-your-freedompop-account#latest

Let me know if you have any issues locating.

Thanks
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    rjVbrg said:

I would like to have a conversation about my FreedomPop account, use, billing and getting it to work for less than $35/month.

Take a look at this post when you are ready to downgrade-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/17436/freedompop-100-free-step-by-step-instructions-on-downgrading-your-freedompop-account#latest

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Mark KerfootMark Kerfoot Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks NJ, I checked my plan and it still shows my old plan, even thought I downgraded several weeks ago. If it doesn't downgrade at the end of my monthly cycle (only 6 more days), I'll let you know. I am downgrading this account because I purchased a new phone from FP with 1 year prepaid service and I am going to transfer my number to the new phone and trash the old phone (which I don't want to keep paying for). Thanks, Mark.
  • Mark KerfootMark Kerfoot Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi NJ, I want to follow up on my previous comment. I currently have FP service on a galaxy s3 and I bought a galaxy s5 (1 year prepaid) to replace the s3. I want to drop my old plan and transfer my number to the s5. I just went to transfer my number and I received this message: "Given number is invalid or not eligible for porting." This is a transfer from FP to FP service. Can you help me with this! Thank you, Mark.

Thanks NJ, I checked my plan and it still shows my old plan, even thought I downgraded several weeks ago. If it doesn't downgrade at the end of my monthly cycle (only 6 more days), I'll let you know. I am downgrading this account because I purchased a new phone from FP with 1 year prepaid service and I am going to transfer my number to the new phone and trash the old phone (which I don't want to keep paying for). Thanks, Mark.

Hi NJ, I want to follow up on my previous comment. I currently have FP service on a galaxy s3 and I bought a galaxy s5 (1 year prepaid) to replace the s3. I want to drop my old plan and transfer my number to the s5. I just went to transfer my number and I received this message: "Given number is invalid or not eligible for porting." This is a transfer from FP to FP service. Can you help me with this! Thank you, Mark.

@Mark Kerfoot,
    When transferring FreedomPop to FreedomPop, it has to be done manually, and at No-Charge. The Porting System is for out of FreedomPop Phones numbers only. I can get you going on the swap pretty quick. Also, while they do the swap, we can ask them to verify the account downgrade. 've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj