Domestic LTE 3-in-1 SIM - only 3G?

Sorin NicuSorin Nicu Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
I have just activated my new "Domestic LTE" SIM in my moto G4 Plus, set up the correct APN (fp.com.attz).
Well, it connected only on AT&T 3G network (UMTS/HSPA+), not on the LTE in an area where Cricket Wireless (AT&T network) had LTE.

Any ideas?

Comments

• bkmartinbkmartin Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have this same issue, but with a Nexus 6P. Did you figure it out or can anyone from Freedompop support help?
    I have this same issue using a Domestic LTE sim, but in my case it is with a Nexus 6P. I only get HSPA+ service, but not LTE service. Did you figure it out? Any help from Freedompop support?
  • ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    The same device may have different bands available, depending on which carrier it came from originally. Here is a cheat sheet I just copied from google (no link).
    AT&T 2, 4, 5, 17 1900, 1700 abcde, 700 bc
    Verizon Wireless 2, 4, 13 1900, 1700 f, 700 c
    T-Mobile 2, 4, 12 1900, 1700 def, 700 a
    Sprint 25, 26, 41 1900 g, 850, 2500
    For the LTE sim card (which relies on ATT) you can use the info above to tell if your phone came with the bands ATT needs for LTE service.. Also please consult ATT's coverage map, and if you should get LTE service by having both the bands and coverage matching, be sure your device is set to prefer 4g or LTE service (assuming it came from a GSM carrier). For me, on Android, this is within android's settings, wireless and networks, more, Mobile Networks, Network Mode. You can try different ones and it may or may not change your speed. While possible, sometimes, to enable bands that weren't enabled by default, that's kind of more complicated, and better info for that kind of thing is often found at xda forums. For anyone on iOS, please try to translate my info as best you can .. I don't know that OS at all.
    Yes, my phone (Nexus 6P) supports the needed ATT bands. It appears my SIM card is not enabled for LTE, it is only enabled for 4G (HSPA+) coverage.
  • RussellRussell Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    bkmartin said:

Yes, my phone (Nexus 6P) supports the needed ATT bands. It appears my SIM card is not enabled for LTE, it is only enabled for 4G (HSPA+) coverage.

bkmartin, I'm curious how you found that your SIM card is not enabled for LTE? How did you resolve it? I'm having the same issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RussellRussell Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for responding AlejandraG. The matter resolved after a reboot. I now see LTE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.