Can I change my FreedomPop phone number

d60pdpd60pdp Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have an iPhone 5s using FreedomPop SIM with WhatsApp for international calls. However, WhatsApp refuses to activate mine since they consider my phone number with area code 857 is not a mobile number. How can I change my number to an appropriate one? Thanks.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    d60pdp said:

I have an iPhone 5s using FreedomPop SIM with WhatsApp for international calls. However, WhatsApp refuses to activate mine since they consider my phone number with area code 857 is not a mobile number. How can I change my number to an appropriate one? Thanks.

FreedomPop’s phone number initially would not work on the app. It will see the number as a home landline number sometime. Members are finding out if you call or email and ask, they will white-list the phone number so you can add it. Here is the email>>>(mailto:[email protected]) and here is the home page>>>
    https://www.whatsapp.com/

They might complain that FreedomPop uses a VOIP number. Just make sure to explain how FreedomPop partnered with them to use the Basic plan. Sometimes they can be a pain to deal with, but they will white-list the number. I have seen other member do this and get their app working with the FreedomPop Number. It also depends on who you talk to down there. Sometimes you get a New Rep, that just won’t whitelist the app and sometimes, you get one that does it quickly. I kept trying till I got a friendly rep. It is 100% up to the company to whitelist the number so you can use the app. But I have seen them do it. Especially since FreedomPop partnered with them on the app and the GSM Global Sim.

Here is a post on the forum, where another user found a couple of different ways of getting the number approved-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/20897/how-to-get-whatsapp-to-work-on-freedompop

---------------------------------

To change number if you still want to got this route-

You can change your number as many times as you would like. There is no limit, But it cost is $4.99 each time you change. Make sure to turn your phone off before you attempt to change the number online.

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_manage_number.htm

Or Open your FreedomPop account. On the Tabs at the top you will see “HOME--MY ACCOUNT--BILLING--EARN FREE--SHARE DATA--SUPPORT" Click "MY ACCOUNT", and you will see a drop down Menu. Click "PHONE NUMBER".

On this page, you will pick an Area Code, Zip code or City & State you want the number on the phone to be from. You'll get presented with 10 phone numbers. If you don't like the number they give you with the first 10, click the Green “Get Numbers” again and it will refresh to 10 new numbers. Once you find the number you want, click the dot next to the number. Than at the bottom click the green button "Select Number".

("Android after Number change or Porting")--

Sometimes after a number change, you might have to sync account data. Open the app and find the 3 horizontal Bars, top left side of the app and Tap. A pop out from the left side of the screen will show, with all account info. Make sure everything is correct. Next, Scroll down to “Sync account Data” and Tap. You will see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User for Device", till you see your phone number “FreedomPop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a FreedomPop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing.

Sometimes you might have to do a Profile update on the phone. On your phone open up "Setting", Scroll down till you see "System Update". Open and click "Update Profile". Wait for the phone to update. The phone might restart.

("IPhone after Number change or Porting")—

Simply Log Out of the, “Free Voice and Text app”. Open the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app. Tap the "gear" on the top left-hand corner. Scroll down to Log out and Tap. Than you would do a “Soft Reset”. From the home screen, press and hold the “Home key”. While holding the “Home key”, press and hold the “Power key”. Release both keys when the” Apple logo” appears. After the Iphone boots back up, open the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app and Log in.

Sometimes with the iphone, you might have to do a service update(profile/PRL update) also. Service Update(Profile/PRL): From the home screen, tap Native “Phone" Icon. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the “Call” button. Tap “OK”, the Update will begin. Once Completed, Tap “OK”.

Let me know if you have any questions

Hope this helps,
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop