is the global sim and the 4g lte the same speed

KennyYKennyY Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
is the global sim and the 4g lte the same speed...I have the global but it does not serve me for the country I hoped...just got a ad for the 4g lte sim and I was wondering if it is the same speed capability as the global...ie...would it be an upgrade in performance???

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    KennyY said:

is the global sim and the 4g lte the same speed...I have the global but it does not serve me for the country I hoped...just got a ad for the 4g lte sim and I was wondering if it is the same speed capability as the global...ie...would it be an upgrade in performance???

The LTE sim is US only, the Global sim is only the compatible countries.

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ralph (U770, last day 8th)Ralph (U770, last day 8th) Posts: 52FreedomPop Newbie
    In my experience the 4G sim is faster, than using the Global sim. However it really depends on the service offered on the towers available in the area.
  • GSM3 FreedomGSM3 Freedom Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ralph (U770, last day 8th)
    @njfulwider5

Are you referring to the GSM 4G LTE SIM?
    I used the Global gsm sim on a recent trip but now that I'm back in the US I was thinking about switching it to the US version (GSM 4G LTE SIM) but didn't know if there would be any difference. In particular I was wondering if the voice might be better, right now it's a bit choppy. Any thoughts?

• Blu R1 HD UserBlu R1 HD User Posts: 45FreedomPop Newbie
  • twincloudstwinclouds Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    I did data speed tests using Ookia appwith the 4G SIM card on an Alcatel ideal and an Galaxy S5, both of which supports LTE. The results were very strange. The download speed is pretty slow, about 1-3Mbps, no better than the global SIM card. The upload speed is not too bad at about 5-7Mbps as one would expect for LTE service. My Verizon S7's up/down speed are about 25/20 Mbps.
    I guess is FP and ATT might messed up with the download speed of the LTE network.
  • SmurketteSmurkette Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    I recently got a Global SIM card and compared it with my main Freedompop SIM card (4G LTE).

Speed tests (Mbps) on an iPhone 6 in the USA:
    Global SIM card = DL 1.96; UL 1.08 (carrier: Freedompop 3G)
    LTE SIM card = DL 12.12; UL 10.44 (carrier: AT&T LTE)

A lot of times, the DL speed of my Global SIM card is below 1 Mbps. But, that's ok. I'm going to be using data mostly for Google Maps when I travel outside the US.