**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

WhatsApp Says my FreedomPop Phone Number is not Valid

The WhatsApp on my android phone, will not validate my FreedomPop number. The phone number works fine for calling/receiving calls and for messaging with the FreedomPop message app.

Answers

• shepherdessshepherdess FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I also am trying to change my old (international) WhatsApp phone number to my new FreedomPop number. I did some research, and WhatsApp says that they absolutely will not validate any virtual number: it has to be a real SIM. But somebody said if you request that WhatsApp whitelist your number, and show proof of your real SIM having this number, they will do it. So after I received my "real SIM" yesterday, I wrote to WhatsApp, and they replied that I need to show proof of my full number and service provider information, like a phone bill, phone number's online account info page, or SIM card package. The second suggestion seemed most do-able. In my reply I sent a screen shot of my FreedomPop online account home screen, listing my name, my number and my email address, and showing my available talk, text and data. I will let you know how it turns out!
  • drjoeblackdrjoeblack FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I too am having this problem - and WhatsApp are still refusing to accept my Freedompop number after 10 months of effort.

This is a problem with WhatsApp -- why the need for this check in the first place? If it's not a cellphone number, you won't receive the verification text, and so will be unable to use it anyway.

How about some co-operation between FreedomPop and WhatsApp in the way of "These phone numbers have been allocated to FreedomPop customers..."
  • Tara PolamaluTara Polamalu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 23

I also am trying to change my old (international) WhatsApp phone number to my new FreedomPop number. I did some research, and WhatsApp says that they absolutely will not validate any virtual number: it has to be a real SIM. But somebody said if you request that WhatsApp whitelist your number, and show proof of your real SIM having this number, they will do it. So after I received my "real SIM" yesterday, I wrote to WhatsApp, and they replied that I need to show proof of my full number and service provider information, like a phone bill, phone number's online account info page, or SIM card package. The second suggestion seemed most do-able. In my reply I sent a screen shot of my FreedomPop online account home screen, listing my name, my number and my email address, and showing my available talk, text and data. I will let you know how it turns out!

Any update on this? Am having the same issue.
  • dimusdimus FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 106
    Todat (May 19 2017) I was able to install Whatsapp on the phone with US Freedompop World SIM (3G/4G service in USA without LTE). Whatsapp recognized my Freedompop number as valid US mobile number. I remember that few months ago this number was not accepted by Whatsapp as valid mobile number.
  • Alan WeissbergerAlan Weissberger FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    I've had the same problem- Whatsapp says my cell phone# is invalid. My Samsung Galaxy S5 phone was purchased from FreedomPop and can make calls using Sprint's CDMA network or VoIP over WiFi or over 3G/4G LTE Internet connection. Emailed Whatsapp to enquire why they don't recognize my cell # but they never replied! Can anyone offer a suggestion to resolve this problem? I also couldn't install Google Voice which said "Google voice is not available on your. Contact Sprint" Ouuch!
  • Alan WeissbergerAlan Weissberger FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Same problem: Whatsapp won't recognize my valid cell # even though it makes/receives calls & texts using Sprint's CDMA network. Any suggestions
  • dimusdimus FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 106
    Whatsapp, Viber and, possibly, GoogleVoice started to block VoiP numbers from linking to account
  • Ronald TakahashiRonald Takahashi FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Im having the same problem trying to use Whatsapp. I guess there is no answer at this time.