WhatsApp Says my FreedomPop Phone Number is not Valid

The WhatsApp on my android phone, will not validate my FreedomPop number. The phone number works fine for calling/receiving calls and for messaging with the FreedomPop message app.

Answers

• shepherdessshepherdess Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I also am trying to change my old (international) WhatsApp phone number to my new FreedomPop number. I did some research, and WhatsApp says that they absolutely will not validate any virtual number: it has to be a real SIM. But somebody said if you request that WhatsApp whitelist your number, and show proof of your real SIM having this number, they will do it. So after I received my "real SIM" yesterday, I wrote to WhatsApp, and they replied that I need to show proof of my full number and service provider information, like a phone bill, phone number's online account info page, or SIM card package. The second suggestion seemed most do-able. In my reply I sent a screen shot of my FreedomPop online account home screen, listing my name, my number and my email address, and showing my available talk, text and data. I will let you know how it turns out!
  • drjoeblackdrjoeblack Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I too am having this problem - and WhatsApp are still refusing to accept my Freedompop number after 10 months of effort.

This is a problem with WhatsApp -- why the need for this check in the first place? If it's not a cellphone number, you won't receive the verification text, and so will be unable to use it anyway.

How about some co-operation between FreedomPop and WhatsApp in the way of "These phone numbers have been allocated to FreedomPop customers..."
  • Tara PolamaluTara Polamalu Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

I also am trying to change my old (international) WhatsApp phone number to my new FreedomPop number. I did some research, and WhatsApp says that they absolutely will not validate any virtual number: it has to be a real SIM. But somebody said if you request that WhatsApp whitelist your number, and show proof of your real SIM having this number, they will do it. So after I received my "real SIM" yesterday, I wrote to WhatsApp, and they replied that I need to show proof of my full number and service provider information, like a phone bill, phone number's online account info page, or SIM card package. The second suggestion seemed most do-able. In my reply I sent a screen shot of my FreedomPop online account home screen, listing my name, my number and my email address, and showing my available talk, text and data. I will let you know how it turns out!

Any update on this? Am having the same issue.
  • dimusdimus Posts: 79FreedomPop Newbie
    Todat (May 19 2017) I was able to install Whatsapp on the phone with US Freedompop World SIM (3G/4G service in USA without LTE). Whatsapp recognized my Freedompop number as valid US mobile number. I remember that few months ago this number was not accepted by Whatsapp as valid mobile number.