**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

WhatsApp Says my FreedomPop Phone Number is not Valid

The WhatsApp on my android phone, will not validate my FreedomPop number. The phone number works fine for calling/receiving calls and for messaging with the FreedomPop message app.

Answers

• shepherdessshepherdess FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I also am trying to change my old (international) WhatsApp phone number to my new FreedomPop number. I did some research, and WhatsApp says that they absolutely will not validate any virtual number: it has to be a real SIM. But somebody said if you request that WhatsApp whitelist your number, and show proof of your real SIM having this number, they will do it. So after I received my "real SIM" yesterday, I wrote to WhatsApp, and they replied that I need to show proof of my full number and service provider information, like a phone bill, phone number's online account info page, or SIM card package. The second suggestion seemed most do-able. In my reply I sent a screen shot of my FreedomPop online account home screen, listing my name, my number and my email address, and showing my available talk, text and data. I will let you know how it turns out!
  • drjoeblackdrjoeblack FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I too am having this problem - and WhatsApp are still refusing to accept my Freedompop number after 10 months of effort.

This is a problem with WhatsApp -- why the need for this check in the first place? If it's not a cellphone number, you won't receive the verification text, and so will be unable to use it anyway.

How about some co-operation between FreedomPop and WhatsApp in the way of "These phone numbers have been allocated to FreedomPop customers..."
  • Tara PolamaluTara Polamalu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 28

I also am trying to change my old (international) WhatsApp phone number to my new FreedomPop number. I did some research, and WhatsApp says that they absolutely will not validate any virtual number: it has to be a real SIM. But somebody said if you request that WhatsApp whitelist your number, and show proof of your real SIM having this number, they will do it. So after I received my "real SIM" yesterday, I wrote to WhatsApp, and they replied that I need to show proof of my full number and service provider information, like a phone bill, phone number's online account info page, or SIM card package. The second suggestion seemed most do-able. In my reply I sent a screen shot of my FreedomPop online account home screen, listing my name, my number and my email address, and showing my available talk, text and data. I will let you know how it turns out!

Any update on this? Am having the same issue.
  • dimusdimus FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 119
    Todat (May 19 2017) I was able to install Whatsapp on the phone with US Freedompop World SIM (3G/4G service in USA without LTE). Whatsapp recognized my Freedompop number as valid US mobile number. I remember that few months ago this number was not accepted by Whatsapp as valid mobile number.
  • Alan WeissbergerAlan Weissberger FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    I've had the same problem- Whatsapp says my cell phone# is invalid. My Samsung Galaxy S5 phone was purchased from FreedomPop and can make calls using Sprint's CDMA network or VoIP over WiFi or over 3G/4G LTE Internet connection. Emailed Whatsapp to enquire why they don't recognize my cell # but they never replied! Can anyone offer a suggestion to resolve this problem? I also couldn't install Google Voice which said "Google voice is not available on your. Contact Sprint" Ouuch!
  • Alan WeissbergerAlan Weissberger FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Same problem: Whatsapp won't recognize my valid cell # even though it makes/receives calls & texts using Sprint's CDMA network. Any suggestions
  • dimusdimus FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 119
    Whatsapp, Viber and, possibly, GoogleVoice started to block VoiP numbers from linking to account
  • Ronald TakahashiRonald Takahashi FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Im having the same problem trying to use Whatsapp. I guess there is no answer at this time.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This advice came to me from support when inquiring of Whatsapp issue.
    =================
    Freedompop's phone number initially would not work on the app. Members are finding out if you call or email and ask, they will white-list the phone number so you can add it. here is the email>>>(mailto:support@whatsapp.com) and here is the home page for the number>>>
    https://www.whatsapp.com/

They might complain that Freedompop uses a VOIP number. Just make sure to explain how Freedompop works over the Cellular phone Network. Sometimes they can be a pain to deal with, but they will white-list the number. I have seen other member do this and get their app working with the Freedompop Number. It also depends on who you talk to down there. Sometimes you get a Rep, that just won’t whitelist the app and sometimes, you get one that does it quickly. I kept trying till I got a friendly rep. It is 100% up to the company to whitelist the number so you can use the app. But I have seen them do it.

From above might work a bit more effective if calling and detect how cooperative the person is. Try another if current isn't much help.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs