**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop Messaging App Deaf?

Robert CoyleRobert Coyle FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 56
I am experiencing difficulty using the FreedomPop Messaging App, which I understand is the apparently only option as a FreedomPop subscriber to place and receive calls, and send and receive text messages. The problem I am experiencing is with the messaging part of it, specifically receiving return texts. I can send texts just fine, but the replies aren't conveying. Any ideas?

Best Answers

Answers

• Robert CoyleRobert Coyle FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 56
    I also found a previous post by a user experiencing this same problem. The recommended solution was to perform a carrier reset, which I did. This worked...For awhile. Then the deafness returned.
  • Peter SchikPeter Schik FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    Try clearing the app data and cache. You can do this by going to settings->apps->all apps->Messaging, and tapping the clear cache and the clear data buttons. You will have to sign back into messaging after you do this, and you will lose all unsaved messages.
    Thanks for the advice, Peter. Unfortunately, I can't find the "clear app data" and "clear cache" options. The path you specified is different from my phone. I am using a Huawei Union, purchased from FreedomPop.
    I updated the app, and that appears to have cured the problem.

However, FreedomPop is an unusual and unique wireless phone service, because it uses an app to make and receive calls, and send and receive text messages. I presume this is all managed by a (large) server, and the texts have a certain "life" before they roll off the system. Therefore, it's imperative that you turn your phone on every day or so, so these messages can download to your device and clear from the system.

However, the more I become familiar with FreedomPop, the more I like it. And I am a legacy subscriber, having began years ago with the 2.5 GHz WiMax service (now decommissioned).
  • trackballtrackball FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭