**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Hands free on HTC evo 4G

Is there a guidline on setting up the Hands free speakerphone on the HTC evo. Mine does not work

Comments

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I don't think its working. It was covered on another thread I think.
  • Is there a guidline on setting up the Hands free speakerphone on the HTC evo. Mine does not work

Our development team is working on the issue, we will hopefully have a resolution soon.
  • LukeLuke Posts: 318FreedomPop Newbie
    You mean bluetooth? It works for my evo design 4g.
    Wroof!
  • gabriel barbagabriel barba Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Is it possible to provide a guide to how it is supposed to work while we wait? I have the opposite problem - the speaker phone is on, and I cannot see how to switch it to the ear piece instead. The user guide for HTC Evo describe buttons for In-call options, that would allow for switching to speaker phone, but those are not there. The only setting I find is a 'Flip for speaker" option which seems to have no effect. I removed the battery and let it reset, and it worked for a while, but then the speaker went back on and I can't see how to get it back to the ear piece. Maybe I am missing a setting that would help if you published directions?

Thanks.
  • @3Simplex - Thanks for the great info!
  • gabriel barbagabriel barba Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks! I am working with your recommended settings, and the speaker button functionality appears to be more consistent now. I tried the mute mike button, and I think it worked as the caller could not hear me after I pressed it.

The other place the speaker button is not working is in the Voicemail app, but Freedom Pop development is aware of that issue, so I it will likely be fixed during the beta test. These settings did not help with that issue.
  • Yin ChanYin Chan Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you!
  • Gary KassmannGary Kassmann Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Expert Mode settings worked. Thank you very much. FreedomPop support could only recommend I return the phone to get it fixed. The new settings work great now. Even my Bluetooth earpiece is now working!!!
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Hey that was a good work-around 3-simplex, good work, going to try it just so I know how to do it if I need to.
  • David GDavid G Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you 3Simplex! Seems to have fixed my problem too, though I didn't test mute function. What an obscure bunch of settings you have discovered!
  • LukeLuke Posts: 318FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks man!
    Wroof!
  • ChrisChris Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    wishing it were that easy for me. I have a Motorola HX550 bluetooth headset and no joy so far. even after unchecking the two API controls mentioned. I have had some audio routed to the headset only while the Voice Command is active.
  • bobby gordonbobby gordon Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    no sound from jawbone 2 headset either if anyone has a bt headset that is working with the evo let me know which brand to buy thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Chris & @Bobby - Our development team is working on the Bluetooth issue, we hope to have a fix out in a future update.
  • John GerhardsteinJohn Gerhardstein Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Include me in the BT doesn't work list (Samsung WEP460). The voice commands work but the Voice and Mic stay active in the handset only. The speakerphone and mute work. I also tried the expert mode resolution above and it did not help.
  • bobby gordonbobby gordon Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    thanks Taylor minor glitch's can always be expected that's why we beta test ;-)
  • Mary  MichelsonMary Michelson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Does this hands free problem apply to my car's Bluetooth Hands Free as well? I cannot get incoming calls to interact with the car's Hands Free and notify me when they come in or work though the car's speakers and microphone. When I place a call, I can initiate it with the car's Hands Free system, but it does not work through the car's speakers and microphone until I hit the Bluetooth Icon on the phone. Car is a 2013 Honda Accord LX.
  • Alex HallAlex Hall Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Weird. The fix was to allow audio to route to speaker. My problem was the opposite. I couldn't get the speaker to shut off. Unchecking the boxes that are supposed to route the sound to the ear actually made the sound route to the ear. Strange fix for the problem, but I finally got the speaker to shut off. BTW overall the phone is working much better since the early days of the testing. I'm finally able to toss my other cell.
This discussion has been closed.