I only get 3G network and my data is not working

Leila LatifiLeila Latifi Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a new LTE 3 in one SIM card and activated it with my unlocked iPhone 7. I followed all the instructions that I was supposed to and here is my condition:

1- When I am on WiFi I can make/receive calls and message
2- When WiFi is off I onlysee "Freedompop 3G" in the banner but my area is supposed to have 4G based on the coverage map.
3- I cannot access internet without WiFi at all.
4- I can make calls with FP app without WiFi but I cannot any receive calls when the phone is locked or FP app is in the background.
5. When I try ##UPDATE#, I get an error message "Error Performing Request, Unknown Error"

I tried changing any setting that sounded related but still no luck and tried to find similar problems in the forums but no luck. Any advise will be appreciated

Thanks

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12

I bought a new LTE 3 in one SIM card and activated it with my unlocked iPhone 7. I followed all the instructions that I was supposed to and here is my condition:

1- When I am on WiFi I can make/receive calls and message
    2- When WiFi is off I onlysee "Freedompop 3G" in the banner but my area is supposed to have 4G based on the coverage map.
    3- I cannot access internet without WiFi at all.
    4- I can make calls with FP app without WiFi but I cannot any receive calls when the phone is locked or FP app is in the background.
    5. When I try ##UPDATE#, I get an error message "Error Performing Request, Unknown Error"

I tried changing any setting that sounded related but still no luck and tried to find similar problems in the forums but no luck. Any advise will be appreciated

Thanks

Hello,

When attempting to do the "Update" are you doing it under WiFi or without WiFi? Please attempt on WiFi if you were doing it without.

Can you also please attempt the steps provided below.

For iPhone, you will have to remove the application from your phone and then download it again

Press and hold your finger on the FreedomPop Free Talk and Text application

Wait until all of the apps on your screen start to shake

A small "x" will appear next to your applications

Click the "x" that appears in the corner of the FreedomPop Free Talk and Text application

This will delete the application. Click yes if asked to confirm the deletion

Now press the home button to stop your apps from shaking

Tap on the App Store icon and search for FreedomPop

Install the FreedomPop Free Talk and Text application once again

Try once more to make or receive a call or text.
  • Leila LatifiLeila Latifi Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried updating with and without WIFI and got the same result. I have removed and reinstalled apps a few times already. I even tried a factory reset on the phone...
  • nd ZTEnd ZTE Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    LL, Similar problems; after declining to pay $6 per month for voice support decided to move away.