**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I was just charged a penny on my account ans haven't used the account in 2 months. Any idea why?

f1jimf1jim Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
Got a test message my account had been charged 0.01 cents and no explanation. Of course you can't talk to a human at FreedomPop anymore. Any ideas? Can't believe I can't talk to a human over a billing issue!!!!!!!

Answers

• Pete JankovskyPete Jankovsky Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I was also charged 0.01 on 4/30. A few months ago I had transferred my number out of freedompop and closed my account, so I was not expecting any charge
  • f1jimf1jim Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    I still have an active account so that's no it.
  • trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they do it to test if your cc info. is correct.
  • f1jimf1jim Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Why don't they put the penny back in?
  • trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    To test if info & transfer are correct, paypal does it, but they give it back.
    Some Fp sim contracts are that way to maintain top off/overage.
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Trackball is correct. I understand why they do it.
  • Andrew NeeAndrew Nee Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    It happened to me too. Lately as I've tried to login to contact them, I continually get bounced back to the login screen as if nothing but clearing the login screen happened.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @all!

As a consumer we want to ensure that service is always available. Therefore, we perform a maintenance verification during the course of your service when usage is not detected. The maintenance verification charge of $0.01 is applied to ensure that you have the capability to utilize our services by verifying the payment method on file. Please be advised that this will not affect your current monthly plan.

Given to me a week ago by Customer Support after I questioned the same charge on a few accounts.

Hope all is well!
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop