Can't Connect to 3G with Overdrive

Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I have had the same trouble as Billallen except I get error 900. It seems that no amount of resetting and updating PRL (via usb since I have no 4G service here) has any effect. This seems to be a serious issue that FreedomPop needs to address.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Mark Smith‌ - Please update the firmware for your Overdrive Pro. You can download the latest version directly from Sprint's website: http://bit.ly/1340eWI

The firmware download and instructions will be revealed by clicking "More details".
  • Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor - I have an Overdrive, not Overdrive Pro. The firmware is at 02.23.02. The latest I found from sprint is 02.23.01 Overdrive Firmware
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Take the Overdrive to a 4G area to do update because 3g will time out and disconnect in doing it.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    Do you mean firmware update or PRL update? I did take it to a 4G area and tried to do a PRL update. If failed repeatedly. I noticed that it looks like there is a way to update the PRL manually. How would I do that?
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Connect with your other (not freedompop) internet service by way of USB
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    @Mark Smith‌ - What is the zip code you are trying to connect at? Thank you.
    There are two. I registered at 35757, but I also use the device at 37355.

Interestingly, the last time I tried at 35757 I was able to get a 4G connection, though I was only able to get a 3G connection previously.

Another new development, when I now try to update the 3G PRL it immediately fails. Previously it would try for about 20 seconds before failing. I have reset to defaults several times, but it makes no difference.

There are two. I registered at 35757, but I also use the device at 37355.

Interestingly, the last time I tried at 35757 I was able to get a 4G connection, though I was only able to get a 3G connection previously.

Another new development, when I now try to update the 3G PRL it immediately fails. Previously it would try for about 20 seconds before failing. I have reset to defaults several times, but it makes no difference.

Mark, I send you a PM, the zip 37355 is near my zip 35805, that means when you in town, I am close to you to meet you on your connection issue.
    [email protected]

Brian, that sounds like a good idea. Let me know how I can contact you directly and we can work out the details.
    Send you PM on that and here to [email protected] and [email protected]
    [email protected]

@Taylor, Me and @Mark meet at a location where I had WiMax connection. Wimax was good both on my MiFi and @Mark Smith Overdrive (not pro). On the Overdrive firmware version, he has 2.23.02, but he need 2.23.01. I downloaded the file into my laptop and send the file to has Overdrive. I come up withSKU version mismatch. The overdrive does not want to change from 2.23.02 to 2.23.01. I believe that the reason for him to not be able to update PRL and Profile for 3g because it has the wrong version.

@Mark told my he may change to the free plan which he can get 4g fine. He say he on 3g/4g plan, is that correct?

Can you get development team on this so he can resolve has firmware and prl and profile?
    [email protected]

• Eric IpEric Ip Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    same issue here... not able to connect 3G
    Thanks for all your help Brian. You went above the call of duty to help me out.

My free introductory period ends today or tomorrow, so I plan to drop back to the free, 4G only plan. My experience with the Overdrive has not been successful enough for me to want to pay for even the cheapest 3G plan. I don't expect to use the Overdrive much (if at all) in the future.
    @ipipip‌ - Are you also receiving a 3G signal because you are on a 4G only data plan. I would recommend upgrading the the 3G/4G plan and you should have access to 3G fallback.
    @Mark Smith‌ - Sorry to hear that. I have pushed through your issue to our development team with some other accounts reporting similar issues. I have to have a resolution or some answers for you soon.
  • Ray ThackerayRay Thackeray Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Me too for the last 3 days. Why has this device stopped? Not sure I can access enough infrastructure to do a device upgrade.
    ipipip said:

same issue here... not able to connect 3G

@Ray Thackeray‌ - I reviewed your account and refreshed it from within our system, your device should be working properly now. Let me know if you continue to have issues.
  • Eric IpEric Ip Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor when I sign the FREE 500MB Plan, it stated is for 3G/4G as there is no 4G in my area. Are you saying the plan been updated and now we have to pay for 3G if the device cannot get FREE 4G?
  • rosannrosann Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem with Overdrive., Cannot connect (error 900). Cannot update. It reads, " thee is a SKU version mismatch". Can't tell if PRL and Profile update or not. They stop without any indication of successful completion. Using hotspot in zip code 04609. Have 60% signal on 3G. Do not have access to 4G connection anywhere.
    @Eric Ip‌ - The free plan has always been 4G only, the 500MB 3G/4G plan has always has always been $3.99/month. We do offer free trials of the 3G/4G plan when you initially sign up, but once the trial expires the plans go back to their normal rate.
    @rosann - I have escalated your issue along with the others experiencing this and our development team is working on a resolution.
  • susan choususan chou Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem with Overdrive., Cannot connect (error 900). Cannot update. It reads, "The update cannot proceed. There is a SKU version mismatch.". Actually, my overdrive is already with latest firmware version 02.23.02. Using hotspot in zip code 92220 and 92881.

Both "Update 3g PRL" and "Update 3g profile" ran successfully after the device was received; connection to 3G network was fine on the first 3 usage with 7 MB in total; and then it simply stop working.
    @susan chou‌ - What is the ESN located on your device?
    @susan chou‌ , I check coverage 4g WiMax and 3g on both zip codes and the one zip code 92220 has very limit 3g and no WiMax at all. The other zip code (92881) is very little area for WiMax, but do have better 3g coverage. Closes for WiMax is at Magnolia Ave and I-15.
    [email protected]

• susan choususan chou Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    My device ESN is 09609951630.

My device seems dead now -- when I connect to my computer via USB, the device shows fully charged; I disconnect it from my computer, it shows powering off; and then, I can not power it on after serveral tries.

This is frustrating - the level 1 support person Julius Salamanca gave me link http://bit.ly/10RVuAI to update firmware; after update, the same problem still; and then he email me to tell me to call in to talk to level 2 support person; after waiting on the phone for more than 30 minutes, level 2 support person Michael gave me another link http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/sierra_overdrive.shtml and insist on updating firmware again; however, both links have the same version of firmware 2.23.01;but, my device has latest version 2.23.02.
This discussion has been closed.