Cant use without wifi

Sarah HoskinsSarah Hoskins Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a freedompop sim card back in November to use for my son's Coolpad device. It never worked on its own. The only way to text or to call is to be at a location that has a wifi connection. I've called the previous providers and they assure me that the phone is unlocked so im at a lost as to why it doesn't work. I've also noticed little $0.01 bills on my account. What is that?

Answers

• JEFFREY KuochanJEFFREY Kuochan Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie

I bought a freedompop sim card back in November to use for my son's Coolpad device. It never worked on its own. The only way to text or to call is to be at a location that has a wifi connection. I've called the previous providers and they assure me that the phone is unlocked so im at a lost as to why it doesn't work. I've also noticed little $0.01 bills on my account. What is that?

Did you set your APN?
    If you got the global sim, it should be set to freedompop.froggmobile.com
    If you got the att sim, it should be set to fp.com.attz
    If you got the sprint sim....it could be a bit more complicated, I have only used it on devices purchased directly from freedompop.

Until you set the APN, your phone doesn't know who the provider is for that sim. It should be on the instruction that came with the sim.

As for the 1 cent, I can only speculate. Usually those sims are on sale or .99 4.99 or 9.99.
    Then they offer you a second sim for 0.01. Perhaps you are looking at the second sim you bought for 1 cent.