How do I fix an "Invalid Sim" error

fightingquakerfightingquaker Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I tried to submit this problem as a support ticket, but the system would not let me, saying I am a "free" customer, even though I'm still in my first "paid" month. And, I tried to figure this out by looking at other posts, but it seems like the most common solution is: "a support tech needs to look at your account to confirm settings" or something like that. So, here goes...

I ordered a new SIM card, directly from FP. I inserted it into an LG G3 Vigor (a supported phone, according to the FP website). While on wi-fi, I downloaded the FP Messaging app as was able to successfully send a text message. However, as soon as the phone boots up, I receive an "Invalid SIM" error on my lock screen, and it never goes away. I've tried removing and reinserting the SIM card multiple times, rebooted multiple times. Nothing works. Due to the slow shipping process, I am already more than half way through my first month of service, and I can't even get my phone to function properly. Please help!!!

Answers

• tessietsingtessietsing Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Same to me. I ordered a sim card directely from freedompop. I received the card and inserted into my ipad. I turned the cellurlar data on, AT&T service was shown and when I clicked the service, a message poped up "INVALID SIM CARD". I cannot find a fix in any way.
  • tessietsingtessietsing Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Same to me. I ordered a sim card directly from freedompop. I received the card and inserted into my ipad. I turned the Cellurlar Data on and AT&T service was shown. When I clicked the service, a message pop-up "INVALID SIM CARD". I cannot find fix in any way.
  • Andrey KarasevAndrey Karasev Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am in. My device said "Please insert valid SIM card".
  • BreezyMcSwaggersonBreezyMcSwaggerson Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue
  • ramdxenramdxen Posts: 164FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    With this issue, if the phone did not come from freedompop, but another carrier, then please ensue the phone is network unlocked. This is usually a code that is provided by the carrier to owners of qualifying phones whole billing info is in good standing. This allows other carrier's sim cards to be used on devices. The carrier or 3rd party sellers can provide these codes (or sometimes other rather geeky tricks). Next, please make sure the APN is set correctly and selected for use. Ensure you are using the FP app. Be sure you have re-seated your sim card by removing it and replacing it snug in the slot. You can also check your account online and make sure everything is as it's supposed to be. IF all of these are in order, try the sim in another phone, if you can, and see if you have the same issue. If you have a different sim, whether active or not, try it and see if you get the same error message. If none of this helps, it is possible the sim card is damaged. Free accounts are limited with submitting tickets, but the options of phone calls, twitter, facebook, or catching the attention of an admin here can lead you in the right direction for a replacement.

I am including all of these instructions because there are several posts which allude to one of two problems, so I'm attempting to be thorough.For the record, I have seen the "invalid sim" message only on locked phones or ones with tricky (flimsy pull out trays instead of slots) sim placement schemes, but I imagine a bad sim card would give the same error. Just to be honest, I also had it once when I mistakenly put a sd card into a sim slot .. it fit near perfectly, heh.