**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

My MiFi 500/5580 doesn't work since day one

Voyager2002Voyager2002 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a Netgear Mingle from FreedomPop afew months ago. But, they sent me MiFi 500/5580. It doesn't work since day one. I try to test it again yesterday, and it didn't work either. Worse, I found out FreedomPop put my Hotspot to sleep because it's inactive for a long time. I try to wake it inside "My Account" page and the process fail big time. The web site asked me to call. I hate phone call, so I writing here asking for help. I wish I can get my money back.

Somebody please help me. I will give you the account info when someone respond.
Thanks.

Comments

• 64user64user Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm sort of in the same boat here; I ordered another 803S and a Mifi 500 arrived.

The Mifi 500 arrived last night and barely works. It reboots every few minutes. Since this is a holiday weekend and I doubt anything can be done at this point anyway, I'm going to leave it on all weekend and see what happens.

So far, the time between reboots seems to be increasing. It started out being less than a minute, but 14 hours later it lasts up to ten minutes.
    It turns out after 3 days that it is purely random; it just reboots at random. Sometimes it works for a minute, sometimes it works for 8 minutes, etc.
  • LepingLeping Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

I just received my mifi 5580 today. I update its profile and PRL according to the guide. However, I cannot connect to the internet. When I tried to connect to the freedompop.com, it redirected me to an activation page, which said "if you've reached this page, we've got information to share with you related to you account. ....."

Please help!
  • reveresbestreveresbest Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here. No service but keep getting billed.
    I learnt two things this week.

First, you can open a support ticket on the website here, and get everything done that you can get done by calling the support number. Except that you don't have to call, and you don't have to wait on hold. And, it takes a couple of days to get a response. I somehow had the impression over the years that this forum was supposed to be the place for this kind of service, but I guess not. The support ticket system is there and does work. You can find it here.

Second, this reboot problem is a known defect with the Mifi 500, and you can prevent it by disabling LTE bands 26 and 41 in the device's "Advanced Modem Configuration." You will need your MSL number to do this. You can get the MSL number by opening a support ticket and asking for it. I received my MSL number today and did get manage to reconfigure the device and it does not reboot itself anymore. I learned about this here.

Getting the "activation page" may be a completely different issue. I would get this on mine when it was rebooting, so check to see if you are having the reboot problem. I also found that if I loaded that web page once or twice, after that I could connect to the internet normally. But you may have an account related problem which I assume could be corrected by opening a support ticket.
  • supermarcosupermarco Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here. It's a firmware bug that never got corrected, it was pushed mandatorily by freedompop/sprint. The only solution is to leave on one band so that the device can't switch to other bands. I spoke to someone in Novatel -- they said the device is already deprecated and it will not get any further updates.
  • supermarcosupermarco Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    Frankly I was never able to get this device to work, no m atter where I went it always had only 1 bar.