**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

Mobile data used, even with deactivated freedompop network provider??

Levauto Pardo Orero, Jose AntonioLevauto Pardo Orero, Jose Antonio FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 16
I suspect freedompop is charging me mobile data usage I am really NOT using,...so I tried deactivating his network on "celular networks" setup of my phone.

Then I continued navigating connected to my wifi router, and after some minutes I taked a look to my freedompop account again, and there are some new more "provisional used" mb that I can´t used, because the network was off in my phone setup, and I was connected by wifi to my router

Is there anybody out there with the same problem?
Thanks

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 829 admin

I suspect freedompop is charging me mobile data usage I am really NOT using,...so I tried deactivating his network on "celular networks" setup of my phone.

Then I continued navigating connected to my wifi router, and after some minutes I taked a look to my freedompop account again, and there are some new more "provisional used" mb that I can´t used, because the network was off in my phone setup, and I was connected by wifi to my router

Is there anybody out there with the same problem?
    Thanks

Hello Levauto

Keep in mind that the data usage report has a thee hour delay. This means that the report you see are not in real time, but three hours late.
  • Levauto Pardo Orero, Jose AntonioLevauto Pardo Orero, Jose Antonio FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 16
    I taked a look today again, and the data usage is the same. This isn´t the problem.
  • Levauto Pardo Orero, Jose AntonioLevauto Pardo Orero, Jose Antonio FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 16
    I see it today again, no changes. Freedompop is counting as mobile data usage the data I use even while I am connected to my home wifi.
  • Huy LeHuy Le FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    based on my usage, 'provisional used' charges occur in my commute time even though I don't use any data. I'm guessing that the phone is talking to the network to keep my phone connected.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Levauto Pardo Orero, Jose Antonio I have suggested a test to try.
    Set your phone to mobile data OFF and WiFi OFF. Power OFF phone. Note time/date.
    Open your account online (via PC, tablet, etc.) and view your usage for next few hours. Entries may appear up to that date/time you saved. Then nothing. Best to wait for 3 hours to pass. Then power on phone. Remember it is set with both options OFF. Wait 15 minutes to see if any funny reporting shows. Should be NONE in that time frame. Any new usages shows up with date/time stamp. Note the start time of phone and the next time here.
    Now turn on WiFi and connect to home wifi and wait 15 minutes. Should still be NO provisional use activity. Now note that time. Use internet for 15-30 min. Check email etc. Light duty use is fine. STILL should be no reported activity.
    Now this is big change note this time for sure. Turn off WiFI and Mobile data ON. Browse internet or check email etc. This time you should be seeing some activity reported in this last time frame.

OK, now this if correct, it is working well for you. If incorrect, then you need all this data to 'prove' to admin here or other contacts with FreedomPop that you have issues that are not fitting what is supposed to be. By forcing the 3 hour delay out of the equation, things clear up better for all to agree with.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, & 803S