**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Mobile data used, even with deactivated freedompop network provider??

I suspect freedompop is charging me mobile data usage I am really NOT using,...so I tried deactivating his network on "celular networks" setup of my phone.

Then I continued navigating connected to my wifi router, and after some minutes I taked a look to my freedompop account again, and there are some new more "provisional used" mb that I can´t used, because the network was off in my phone setup, and I was connected by wifi to my router

Is there anybody out there with the same problem?
Thanks

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2,453 admin

I suspect freedompop is charging me mobile data usage I am really NOT using,...so I tried deactivating his network on "celular networks" setup of my phone.

Then I continued navigating connected to my wifi router, and after some minutes I taked a look to my freedompop account again, and there are some new more "provisional used" mb that I can´t used, because the network was off in my phone setup, and I was connected by wifi to my router

Is there anybody out there with the same problem?
    Thanks

Hello Levauto

Keep in mind that the data usage report has a thee hour delay. This means that the report you see are not in real time, but three hours late.
  • Levauto Pardo Orero, Jose AntonioLevauto Pardo Orero, Jose Antonio FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    I taked a look today again, and the data usage is the same. This isn´t the problem.
  • Levauto Pardo Orero, Jose AntonioLevauto Pardo Orero, Jose Antonio FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    I see it today again, no changes. Freedompop is counting as mobile data usage the data I use even while I am connected to my home wifi.
  • Huy LeHuy Le FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    based on my usage, 'provisional used' charges occur in my commute time even though I don't use any data. I'm guessing that the phone is talking to the network to keep my phone connected.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Levauto Pardo Orero, Jose Antonio I have suggested a test to try.
    Set your phone to mobile data OFF and WiFi OFF. Power OFF phone. Note time/date.
    Open your account online (via PC, tablet, etc.) and view your usage for next few hours. Entries may appear up to that date/time you saved. Then nothing. Best to wait for 3 hours to pass. Then power on phone. Remember it is set with both options OFF. Wait 15 minutes to see if any funny reporting shows. Should be NONE in that time frame. Any new usages shows up with date/time stamp. Note the start time of phone and the next time here.
    Now turn on WiFi and connect to home wifi and wait 15 minutes. Should still be NO provisional use activity. Now note that time. Use internet for 15-30 min. Check email etc. Light duty use is fine. STILL should be no reported activity.
    Now this is big change note this time for sure. Turn off WiFI and Mobile data ON. Browse internet or check email etc. This time you should be seeing some activity reported in this last time frame.

OK, now this if correct, it is working well for you. If incorrect, then you need all this data to 'prove' to admin here or other contacts with FreedomPop that you have issues that are not fitting what is supposed to be. By forcing the 3 hour delay out of the equation, things clear up better for all to agree with.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • howardc64howardc64 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    same problem here. iPhone 5C on freedompop (sprint) running iOS 10.3.3. On home wifi but cell data use constantly ticks every 20min or so. WIFI Assist is off (don't use LTE to improve weak wifi connection). See pic for data use pattern. Last tick is about 1 hour before this post. Going to reset cell statistics and see what is causing the cell data usage ticks even though on wifi.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @howardc64 Check for email pkg that is checking for more emails every 5 or 10 minutes. If so, see if you can stretch it out to 4 hours or more apart. These are not android updates (GB), but just brief inquiries of some kind if not email checking. Try turning OFF the Mobile data for a few hours and see if that at least shuts it off for the duration.
  • BuddyDiMucciBuddyDiMucci FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Lock Individual Conversations on Whatsapp gb
    maybe found my problem. iPhone 5c is unlocked Verizon iPhone so support both Sprint CDMA and GSM. I swapped SIM card to GSM a few weeks ago and setup the GSM APN. This APN is still present after switching back to Sprint SIM. Just deleted the APN and will see if cell data trickle while on wifi issue still present.
    howardc64 said:

maybe found my problem. iPhone 5c is unlocked Verizon iPhone so support both Sprint CDMA and GSM. I swapped SIM card to GSM a few weeks ago and setup the GSM APN. This APN is still present after switching back to Sprint SIM. Just deleted the APN and will see if cell data trickle while on wifi issue still present.

Oh well, removed GSM APN, rebooted iPhone, same trickle consumption

Not using WhatsApp

In the attached pics, iOS's self monitor on cell data use shows no cell data use since reset last night. Clearly, freedompop's accounting doesn't agree with this.

@howardc64 - sounds like there is mismatch between Sprint and FreedomPop. FreedomPop has process called "refresh account" on the server that may fix this error you are noticing. Just need the attention of an admin that understands more than any of us users in the field.

Who's listening ? @Karina @AlejandraG @Maria M. @Miguel S.
  • dkfpop02dkfpop02 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 21
    I have the same thing happening on 3 android phones (Kyocera 6730s) and 1 android tablet (Slate), each on their own account. Exactly every 30 minutes provisional data shows on usage history. I am on wifi. I have not left my home wifi area. Only time not happening is when phones/tablet are turned off.
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,162 admin
    dkfpop02 said:

I have the same thing happening on 3 android phones (Kyocera 6730s) and 1 android tablet (Slate), each on their own account. Exactly every 30 minutes provisional data shows on usage history. I am on wifi. I have not left my home wifi area. Only time not happening is when phones/tablet are turned off.

Hello, please keep in mind that the data usage report has a thee hour delay. This means that the report you see are not in real time, but three hours late. We recommend to turn off the Mobile data on your devices and leave only Wifi on.