**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Battery Drain - Latest Messaging App v19.03.813.0502

bobbyjbobbyj Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
I recently installed the latest Freedompop Messaging app v19.03.813.0502. The app is killing my battery. When I check the Settings>Battery usage, the app consistently shows the highest usage of any app even though I never use it. I don't use the app for phone calls or texts. Anyone else having the same problem?

For now I've force stopped the app. I'm thinking of disabling it as well. Anyone else experiencing less battery life after the recent app upgrade?

Comments

• FreedomPop_PopFreedomPop_Pop Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem. the app, now at 20.00.842.0605 uses a ridiculous amount of battery. I too have to force kill the app, because it drains my battery so quickly, that it makes my phone useless. I know before the latest few updates it did not have this problem. This is a huge bug that needs to be fixed!
  • FreedomPop_PopFreedomPop_Pop Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Is FreedomPop aware of this, and are they working on a fix?
  • bobbyjbobbyj Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    This is still a problem in the most recent v20 version.