**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How do I change the default password for my Franklin Wireless R 850 hotspot?

William MooreWilliam Moore Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I have tried the account settings / account information where it shows the email and password ( I assume this is for the master account password) and an option to edit both but after I have typed in my existing password and a new password twice, it will not accept my existing password ( which works just fine to sign into my account in the first place). In any event, what I really want to do is to change the password on the Franklin R850 hotspot from the default that it came with. Has anyone been able to do this? If so, how? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• William MooreWilliam Moore Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks! I was able to change the WPA/WPA2 password for the wifi connection using that method but could not figure out how to change the administrator password from the oh so obvious default setting. I did not see any option to do that at the Sprint myhotspot site when connected through the hotspot device. Any thoughts/suggestions on that?
    BTW, when changing the password for the wifi, it will take some time and then say that it has lost the connection. At that point, it has completed the change on the hotspot and you can just close the window and reset the wifi password(s) on the device(s) you wish to connect.
    Thanks again for the help!
  • ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    My pleasure for being able to offer some assistance, and my deepest apologies for not noticing you replied sooner. Let me see what I can find out real quick. Okay, from the same address to get into settings (am borrowing this info from sprint again, lol)

"Click on "Device" and then click on "Web Interface".

Enter the Current Password and New Password, then type to confirm the New Password.

Once finished, click Save Changes.

The administrator password is now changed."

I can see why you couldn't find the option from these instructions, as the option isn't actually logically named. Thanks for adding the bit of info about what happens during the wifi password changing process .. that info is definitely helpful to any changing this kind of stuff, resetting the connection makes sense, but only if you're expecting it to.

Again, both my pleasure and apologies for any delay. And, last but not least, thank you for expressing appreciation .. that means a lot. :)