**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Getting Support

scottscott FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 158
edited April 2015 in Tips #1
This post is to let new folks know what the means they can use to get support are and how to use each method.
#1 Check out this page first as an answer to your question may be easily found here: https://www.freedompop.com/support.htm

#2 The Forum: Many times other users within the community offer assistance with questions, issues, concerns once you post a comment/question/discussion on the Forum. Once you ask it may take a from a few minutes or hours for someone who has any suggestions or tips to help with your issue/concern. There are FreedomPop representatives present. However, there are only a handful of "Admins" and can be very busy. An admin will contact you whenever is it necessary to receive private information from your end. However, try to be patient while waiting for a response. Please make sure to include any info you think may be relevant. If you post a discussion/question and think of more info, go ahead and add the additional info within comments. Many times the issue may need to be presented to someone else in support or development in order to get a proper answer for you. This can sometimes take a little bit. Try to be polite. You will get more help this way.

**If you are having issues/concerns in navigating the forum please make sure to visit the Forum navigation guide located here**
Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• Michael PearceMichael Pearce FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Why does it take so long to get a response back. I had to wait until yesterday morning for a silly response about my phone is just received arrived DOA. Asking me if I could try another charger if they would of read my email they would of understood that the charger is working the phone is DOA. And I replied yesterday as soon as I could and have still not hear back. Tried calling and was on hold for 45 minutes with no answer had to got o work. All I want is what I paid for a phone that can use the service I'm paying monthly for. So much for me surprising my daughter for her birthday. Can someone on here please help me I know this isn't the right thread for it but found it ironic cause it said getting support.
  • Michael PearceMichael Pearce FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    @Miguel Lopez thanks for the advice I tried calling again I'm assuming I need technical support due to phone being DOA. When it puts me in the wait queue there in no option coming on to get call back. Was there something I missed during options automated options?
  • Gretchen JohnsonGretchen Johnson FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Good info. to have. Will test it to see whether I am able to get an ETA on the phones I ordered on 6/7/14.
  • BulldogBulldog FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    I have experienced searching the forums, and also have made a couple of calls to support. I had signed my wife up for the free plan and ordered a Samsung Galaxy Victory phone for her from FreedomPop. When it arrived, it failed to activate. Not finding information on activation problems with the Victory on the forums, I called support. It took the person a while to discover that the ID number on the phone did not match and she then signed me up for a paid plan with new phone and email and asked that I call back later and downgrade. I called back in a couple of days and it took about an hour to talk to various people before getting to the person who did the downgrade. Everyone was helpful, and we are satisfied with the phone, service and support.
  • hankjrodhankjrod FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    There may be a way to set up the forum so that users can vote for a thread to be merged into an existing one. This would cut down on the number of threads and make things a little cleaner.
  • Marcos  Chagollan Marcos Chagollan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    i have a HTC Evo 4g FreedomPop phone and i have the unlinited text and calls plan with 500mb data, i still have 96mb left in my service but realized that i had auto top off on and decided to turn it off bc i dont want to pay an extra 10$ for the data when it goes below a certain point but after that moment my phone stopped having data sent to my phone, i am not able to make calls or texts or go onto the internet. Please help me!!
  • George PhillipsGeorge Phillips FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Could you explain how to do this? I am not very savey when it comes to techie stuff. Thanks
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Folks all you need to do is hail a admin moderator, Darla_A, Mike or Taylor by simply placing a @infront of their name like that! You will get a responce as they reach you on their list of issues flagged!
  • helpmepleasehelpmeplease FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    @taylor what Devices work with 3g
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @helpmeplease‌ - The devices that work with 3G are the MiFi 4082, Overdrive/Overdrive Pro, MiFi 500 LTE, 250u USB.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @helpmeplease All phones go on 3G too!
This discussion has been closed.