**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Getting Support

Comments

• Barbara PetersonBarbara Peterson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I just found out through the forum that my phone is not able to connect to my brand new car's bluetooth system correctly anf there is no fix in sight. I need to cancel my service and return the phone for refund. I have had this service for only a few days and this is not going to work for me.
    Can someone PLEASE tell me a number to call where support will actually answer and give me a return order and cancel my service? PLEASE?????????
  • Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 Posts: 108FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan ✭✭✭

Need help getting back my FP service. My ccard provider issued me a new card and was not able to update FP acct sooner--thus I believe my FP wireless service is currently suspended or deactivated (been using my emergency T-Mobile data plan). Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

IF one of the "ADMINS" here has not reached out to you by now, you can send them a direct private message by clicking on their picture and clicking on the message button at the top right of their page. there's a few of them roaming around here.. I'm drawing a blank on names right now. Similar thing happen to me. I waited the 35 mins for phone service but it was taken care of right away.
    XDA, Captain Picard, and NYC ==> All kick a$$!
  • Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 Posts: 108FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan ✭✭✭

I can't activate my phone because I get "Account not found" message. I'm sure I type in the right email. My order status page still says my phone hasn't been shipped despite the fact that I received it more than a week ago. Is it possible that this is causing the activation problem? Can someone fix it please?

Did you try using different emails at some point to play around with the FreedomPop site? something similar happen to me, bringing a huge smile to my face saying my phone had been shipped, when in reality i was logged into another account where my Hub-Burst had been delivered already. If you've logged out and back in and its still there, I'd strongly suggest reaching out to an ADMIN on these forums. They tend to fix things on the spot. Good luck and stay strong! getting the phone was just half the battle. lol **JOKING**
    @JoseGonzalez79 Sounds like you just need to get the phone talking to the sprint towers. Because you say everything works on wifi, correct? So try updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually.

This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.

Note: this will wipe your phones information and reset it back to its Factory Default Settings
  • AdrianAdrian Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Need help in getting FP service. I've updated the billing information, but it's not showing it's updated or taking my payment (showing it, but not updated yet). And how do I get a new app for my camera? that's not working either. Thanks for your help, guys!
  • Debbie GonzalezDebbie Gonzalez Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @Maria Arbina the same thing happened to me. I called FP tech support and after 2 people tried to fix it, it was escalated to yet another level of tech support. The next day I had an email that the problem was fixed (the email came in late at night). The next morning I typed in my email to activate the phone and it still didn't recognize it, but then I did it one more time and it worked! Try calling them (be prepared to be on hold. Someone answered quickly when I first called, but then I waited 45 minutes after the issue was escalated).
  • AdrianAdrian Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @taylor is there anyway to get the camera app on my phone to work? also I've updated my billing but the phone/account is still not showing it? Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks a lot!,
    Adrian
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014 #84
    @Adrian - Go to google play and click my apps. Click your camera app, do uninstall and reinstall, but do update if it show up. Update all your app well you there. See if this will work, wait for admin for your service account.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • dmj1574dmj1574 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi - my account was temporarily suspended over the weekend- I needed to update my CC info, which I did and also removed a premium service that I don't need. I *thought* everything was good.

My account looks fine on the website, no errors or notifications, however my device still won't connect to the Internet. The 4g light just keeps flashing red. My device is the Ipod sleeve - and it was working great - I actually use it with my Ipod as my phone (I'm a light talker, more of a texter) but It's been down all week.

I've sent emails, a Facebook message - a message on here (now two) and I'm really not sure where else to look for help.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    When does your month cycle? If in next few days, you'll need to wait until after day '0', when the account resets a new month.
    Usually frozen accounts happen when top up is off and data dips below 100 MB.
    If some attempted charge doesn't go through, then a billing error triggers too.
    Sometimes to reset a billing error takes help from an admin here.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • dmj1574dmj1574 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    My cycle just restarted - I have 27 days left.
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014 #88
    @JoseGonzalez79‌
    What phone do you have. Have you tried manually updating the profile and prl? Can you log onto your account on the internet and if so does it have any messages on the home screen?
  • Roy W CoetzerRoy W Coetzer Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Does Freedompop have an email address for communication? I pay for premium support, yet can not reach anyone by phone, nor do they call back. Can anyone help?
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]et

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • NuShrikeNuShrike Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    It took another week for FPop to "allow" a RMA because they were convinced it was my fault even though thread "https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/2169/mifi-500-lte-service-error-your-freedompop-device-is-not-found-in-our-system" has existed since May 28th! I went between their phone, Twitter, and Facebook support because no one would give me a straight answer that didn't blame me for the MiFi failure and didn't ignore the pointed out thread. For instance, initial phone support refused to let me speak with a Supervisor, nor allow an RMA.

They locked the thread, btw.

My RMA was received by FPop July 5th. July 20th (couple weeks plus later than their claimed processing time) I ask for a refund until they can ship the RMA back as per Visa/MasterCard/FTC rules. FPop refuses saying they can't ship an unpaid device -- what?
  • NuShrikeNuShrike Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I engage the ****. Somewhere after this, FPop posts this thread to vent about it, I suppose lol. I finally get a working MiFi July 28th.

NEXT: I had posted a support request June 6th to get rollover data transfered into the MiFi account. It's now Sep 5th, and it still hasn't been done. Not only has Facebook support failed to understand the issue, they can't even find the necessary account emails in the tiny bit of scroll-back. I'm supposed to stick with this one support avenue?

How much leeway are we supposed to give FPop again, for such poor performance? I'm a paying customer, btw, not a free-rider. I have 3 accounts too.

I used to be a big evangelist telling every techie I met about FPop. Not any more.
  • J. Eric McNeilJ. Eric McNeil Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    My Freedom Pop DOES NOT WORK. And the support with this service is laughable. Can someone please tell me how to get this thing working.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the device? What have you done so far in attempts to get it to work ?
  • Ming Wah Wong (LTE Phone2)Ming Wah Wong (LTE Phone2) Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have Samsung Victory DOA, I try to contact support for 3 weeks by Forums, Email, Web Interface and Phone. All have no response and reply. Could some one from support department contact me to resolve this problem?
    Thanks!
    @Vanessa‌ , @K_Ber‌ , @Jorge M ‌ , @Jasmine S.‌ are any still here before weekend ? Or later if I'm just too late at this. Ming & J could use help
  • SamiTablaSamiTabla Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    RichC said:

... I'm patient, but I'm starting to think Freedompop may be hiring from the VA? (bad attempt at humor)

Hi RichC,

Yep... bad humor. :) Being a user of the VA, I've found that their Customer Service folks do a pretty good job. [grin]

I've also done online Support and Customer Service for a "small" e-commerce web site that dealt with a online virtual world. We grew as a company and ended up with 5 folks doing Customer Service and, since we dealt with a international, global membership, tried to supply 24/7 service for all inquiries. I ended up doing 16 hour, 7 day a week hours, but did have to sleep, so it might take a few hours to respond to a inquiry.

The irony is that often, the folks with problems would start re-posting about their issue(s) with in a half hour of the initial inquiry. And many would become very rude and belligerent because their issue had not be addressed within 30 minutes of posting. This, of course, irritated the heck out of myself and my crew simply because we had faster response times than most "major" e-commerce web sites.

So... I do understand "slow" responses and hope your tickets have been addressed. :)
    "Even a Wizard is a Newbie at Times."
  • eastcoast fotoeastcoast foto Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I downloaded your app on my current phone to test you guys out before I purchase. However, the app is not working. It keeps telling me that I don't have any minutes. I've already uninstalled, powered down.. powered on, reinstalled... and I am still having the same problem.
  • Vincent TsengVincent Tseng Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Latest FreedomPOP Android App -
    Messaging Version 26 (15.03.09.0910)
    is NOT working properly, on my phone: HTC EVO Design 4G.

When updated app opens
    I see and can only access Messaging -
    NO Voice/Phone call
    or Contacts list (along the top tab/bar).
    (Messaging does open contacts list
    but I canNOT make any Voice/phone calls)

Previous versions worked fine before this latest update.

Any help please?

• Vincent TsengVincent Tseng Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

Latest FreedomPOP Android App -
    Messaging Version 26 (15.03.09.0910)
    is NOT working properly, on my phone: HTC EVO Design 4G.

When updated app opens
    I see and can only access Messaging -
    NO Voice/Phone call
    or Contacts list (along the top tab/bar).
    (Messaging does open contacts list
    but I canNOT make any Voice/phone calls)

Previous versions worked fine before this latest update.

Any help please?

The new version of Messaging Version 27 (15.03.11.0915)
    has Added dialer button back to phones -
    although it is not as elegant as the previous versions
    the dialer button now seems to invoke the phone's native dialer
    and it just does not look, or behave as well as the previous versions of Messaging.

So why was it removed in the first place?

Thanks

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @Vincent Tseng‌ Hey Vincent, customers didn't want to use the app to make phone calls and when we changed it, where as other customers started telling us they want it back in the app. So now we have provided the option for both. :)
This discussion has been closed.