Upgrade S5 to 6.1 or 6.0 Marshmallow

3rivers6rings3rivers6rings Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Sorry if this has been posted already but I can't find a direct answer. I recently signed up for the free service for my son. I bought the S5 for $120 deal and it said it was able to be upgraded to 6.0 but every time I try via the OTA method it says the device is at the latest version. How do I upgrade without impacting my free service?

Answers

• Chuk PrattChuk Pratt Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same kind of issue, when I attempt to update my android os in the settings /system updates, it says that my phone is up to date. When I use the Freedompop OTA updates app, it displays a message saying ERROR FETCHING UPDATE INFO : ERROR COMMUNICATING WITH SERVER! I would greatly appreciate if we could get a response.(especially since I am a Premium VIP customer.)
  • Annette AmarasenaAnnette Amarasena Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Does anyone at Freedompop ever answer these questions? I've had this same problem and I asked about it months ago with no response. And still nothing here. What's the point in staying with Freedompop if there is no customer service to speak of unless its about a simchip issue?
  • Ahmed SikderAhmed Sikder Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also experiencing this problem