Got an HTC Evo 4G for the service, can't connect to account

DudeDude Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Entered the MEID DEC for the MAC address like the window showed on how to find it. Keeps coming up with invalid. I'm brand spanking new to FreedomPop and also to smart phones, so anyone who can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Lman BizLman Biz Posts: 138FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Dude:Currently there are TWO different places where it appears that you can activate a BYOD (Bring your own Device). The first is when you log into your account, and at the top, it says, "Already have a Device". It would appear that you could click on that and activate your BYOD device. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work correctly. If you put in the MEID or HEX or anything, it won't recognize the device. FP should work on fixing this, but in the meantime, I did find a workaround. The SECOND place you can activate a BYOD is at the home screen of FreedomPop. But first, you need to completely log out of FP. Then goto the FP home page, and you will see a BYOD at the top. Click on that, and it will take you to a new page that has a link to check your device.

IMPORTANT: I had to put my actual HEX number in, not the MEID or IMEI in order to get the S4 to work. I am sure different phones might work differently, but at least for the S4, I had to use the HEX.
    Here is the screenshot of the "Already have a device" which seems to not work correctly. On the picture you can see two places where is says "Already have a device". I think FP needs to fix this one, because those are the two that don't seem to work correctly. So just do as I mentioned previously, log completely out, and go that route.
  • DudeDude Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Tried all of the options I could find. They all end up asking for my MAC address on phone(doesn't have one listed and the picture for how to find it on the site is for a MEID DEC or something number and that doesn't work), and my email. The number in the picture on how to find it doesn't work, so I'm at my wit's end.
    @Dude: Try logging completely out of FP. Then goto the home page. Then try to activate it from scratch and if you have a different email address you can use, that would be optimal. If you still have trouble, I can help you in a day or two, as I will be pretty busy starting now, for a few days. :-)
  • DudeDude Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Got a new phone and got it applied to the account, so this can be closed out now. Thank you all for the help.
This discussion has been closed.